Interception Boy Farve!!..LOL

Ravin R10 man

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUE Packers fans all over the world are smiling this morning. :D

Me!icon10.gif

I told the Mrs. last night that us Packers fans once had to endure all of the Mr. Ego retirement drama because Brett ended his Packer career on an INT in a playoff game. Now it comes around full circle and HE DID IT AGAIN!!! I'm surprised that Churd didn't didn't hear me shouting at the TV all the way in Wisconsin. icon10.gifTHAT is why I am smiling this morning. Now you Vikings fans can go through the drama!! Enjoy!

Cheap shots on Favre!?!? Yeeeeeah right! :rolleyes: Get out your chess set Alice! This is the NFL and all they did was pressure him. Troy Aikman said it best when described the hit on Farve, "This is what they teach you in Pop Warner football."

There were a lot of hits on him after the whistle! Called a cheap shot.

Lots of mistakes by the Vikes thats for sure. Had PLENTY of opportunities to get ahead. After Bush muffed the punt, Peterson cant get the hand off and they turn it over on 2nd down from inside the five. Then Berrian coughs it up inside the 15. Then of course the pick at the end of regulation.

The person who called a pass play in that situation is just as big an idiot as Favre is for throwing that ball......with the caliber of kicker they have...no way am I risking putting the ball in the air. I would be happy with getting the ball in the middle of the field and maybe a few extra yards.

Vikes really shot themselves in the foot.

And as far as that FOX interview, I dont blame him for declining it. He knew (as we all should) that the first question would have been "Brett, was this your last game?"

And with the cheap shots/roughing of Favre, I think there were a few more that should have been called. Simply because of the way the refs have been calling 'roughing' penalties all season. Seems like that all went out the window in that game.

Congrats to the Saints, and go Colts!

Lots of mistakes by the Vikes thats for sure. Had PLENTY of opportunities to get ahead. After Bush muffed the punt, Peterson cant get the hand off and they turn it over on 2nd down from inside the five. Then Berrian coughs it up inside the 15. Then of course the pick at the end of regulation.

The person who called a pass play in that situation is just as big an idiot as Favre is for throwing that ball......with the caliber of kicker they have...no way am I risking putting the ball in the air. I would be happy with getting the ball in the middle of the field and maybe a few extra yards.

And as far as that FOX interview, I dont blame him for declining it. He knew (as we all should) that the first question would have been "Brett, was this your last game?"

And with the cheap shots/roughing of Favre, I think there were a few more that should have been called. Simply because of the way the refs have been calling 'roughing' penalties all season. Seems like that all went out the window in that game.

That sums it up perfectly.

I'm here if you guys want to know what else the future holds.

And, I'm sure he's going to announce his retirement, but, no way can his ego let him go out a goat like that. I bet he wants to come back and try to prove how "special" he is again.

And, for the record boys, top ten all-time QBs don't lose games with poor decisions like he does repeatedly. Longetivty and toughness should not be mistaken for greatness.

There were a lot of hits on him after the whistle! Called a cheap shot.

I would disagree with this statement. Any shots after the whistle would have been called. The only "cheap shot" I saw got called. The DE hit him way late.

And earlier when you said that last Saints TD wasn't a TD, if it's the Bush TD you refer to, that was a TD plain and simple. The ball crossed inside the pylon. The reply was pretty clear.

Perhaps the purple colored glasses shaded your vision.

This smile ain't leaving my face for a long time. I am just waiting for his retirement drama.

I didn't see any cheap shots on Favre at all. They just played good hard nosed football that is lacking in today's game. I've heard over and over about the play where the guy hits Favre low. Well if you look at it the guy was blocked to the ground and just made a great play. That isn't a penalty. Way to go Saints. Can't wait for the preseason so the Vikings fans can find out if Sir Brett is going to play or not. Hold 'em hostage Brett!!

I didn't see any cheap shots on Favre at all. They just played good hard nosed football that is lacking in today's game. I've heard over and over about the play where the guy hits Favre low. Well if you look at it the guy was blocked to the ground and just made a great play. That isn't a penalty. Way to go Saints. Can't wait for the preseason so the Vikings fans can find out if Sir Brett is going to play or not. Hold 'em hostage Brett!!

Agree.

In fact, about mid-way through the 2nd quarter I was beginning to think there was some collusion going on. I swear those refs were instructed by the commissioner to make sure Brett wins, ratings for the Super Bowl will be higher if Brett wins.

Boy Brett got drilled a few times. Kind of sad to see a couple times.

Hey Martin???

Where is your son in-law this morning?? icon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif

I'm here. Had to work early so I cried myself to sleep right after the game LOL

Are you kidding?

The Vikings had the ball at the 35 after the penalty, which is a 52 yard field goal and in Longwell's range. You had 19 seconds and 1 time out. You didn't need any yards. All you had to do was run the clock down, maybe pick up a couple yards and send in Longwell for a shot at the Super Bowl. Instead, the old Brett came alive and threw away Minnesota's chance at a Super Bowl. Sounds like sweet justice for a Packers fan. After all, we had to put up with this same heckling when the 'ol gunslinger threw a pick that ended GB's chance at a Super Bowl in 2007. TRUE Packers fans all over the world are smiling this morning.

Agreed,but Brett's INT at the end of regulation was just the topping to a poorly played, horsecrap game by the vikes.

Personally, I'd like to see Brett walk away right now, just silently disappear into whatever awaits him. I want a fresh start and a new year.

GO TWINS!! lol

In the end, you vikings fans should be proud of your team(if you aren't, stop watching football, cuz that was a great season for you). They gave a great effort, and despite the mistakes, were in a position to win at the end of the game. But were ultimately beaten by a team that just played smarter football when it mattered. Now you get to go through the 5 month wafflefest that is a brett favre offseason.

Very true. I think this season with favre as QB has converted me to a vikes fan after being a cheesehead for my whole life. I was just pissed that favre couldn't bring them to a super bowl like everyone hoped he could have. But your right that they played a great season and just plain got out-played by the saints. The saints are a great team and hopefully they can finish out this miracle run with a super bowl win.

I agree with everything you just said.