Turkey choke/load combo Browning 10

Guest DaHunter

Guest DaHunter

Hey everyone i just bought a browning 10 gold turkey gun. Its semi-auto and currently i have the x-full that came with it, i was wondering what choke and load you are shooting. If you could tell me your results at 40+ yards that would be great. Anyways tomorrow i get too try it out for the first time and i have 3 different shells i am trying, i will be looking foreward too hearing from you.

Thanks

Re: Turkey choke/load combo Browning 10

Welcome to the group. There is a lot of good information here.

After talking with Nitro Company and testing their recommendations, I have complete faith in them, and their products. They do a lot of testing and produce the best shotgun ammo available. I am not saying you will not find adequate performance with another combination, but this will be if not the best, one of the top combinations. They are expensive, but I don't shoot that many turkey loads every year. A box of ammo will last me many many seasons.

Check them out.

Guest DaHunter

Well i couldnt be more happy with a factory choke tube. I shot at 40 yards tonight and if it were a turkey it was roasted. Yes i have been following nitro companys work and am gald you mentioned them, i believe i will send out for a box of them. Do you shoot the hevi shot or the economys? Thanks for the info its greatly appreciated. Does anyone go with a lower constriction than recomended?

DaHunter........

I shoot a Browning BPS 10 ga.

I have not tried the Nitros. I've heard nothing but good about them. They're just a bit rich for my blood. I've found the Winchester Supreme HV chucking 2 oz. of #6 shot is a ferocious load from my BPS. I first used the Browning Invector full choke tube. Then the Browning ported, extended turkey tube. Then 3 different Colonial Arms tube blanks machined to varying constrictions of my specification. Then I got a Comp-N-Choke XXX-Full tube.................. shocked.gif ....................end of my search. wink.gif The Comp-N-Choke tube, coupled with the Winchester HV's is a horrible thing to do to a turkey. Period. I have taken gobblers at 40 yards that could reasonably pass for being shot at half that distance by looking at the damage to the head/neck. It's one nasty dude. Kicks like a son-of-a................ it's bad. But you should avoid a good bit of that with the Gold.

Guest DaHunter

Strut, what constriction is your comp n choke? I am looking too throw an awsome pattern, for some reason. Yeah being semi it shoots fairly easy on the shoulder just make sure your holding on!!!. I cant wait too test it with goose loads and of course slugs!...it will be interesting. Has anyone shot slugs through one? Its probably not a good idea but i want too try it.