Hey Muggs!!!!

craig mack

I'd be better than Jake Delhomme...

Yeah, I think Holmgren just wanted to move passed the two QBs we've had here and start with a clean slate. Half the fans wanted DA to start, half Quinn...neither one of them did much to win the job so I think he didn't want either QB carrying over into his time with the Browns.

Quinn never got a fair shot here. 12 starts in three years, a holdout slowed his rookie progress, injuries ended the last two seasons early.

I hope he does well in Denver. Accuracy is an issue for him, but I think he can be a good QB in the league. But he'll have to get his accuracy worked out first.

I think Holmgren is trying to bring in a leader at that position, someone who has been to a Super Bowl. From everything I've ever heard about him, Delhomme is a very good guy and a good leader.

Seneca Wallace has played his entire career in Holmgren's offense.

Those two factors lead me to believe both guys were brought in to groom the young QB Holmgren is going to draft. Both him and Heckert are known for drafting QBs in mid rounds and having them pan out.

I think from a team building standpoint, those two moves make sense. The last two season have seen the Browns lose punks and gain character guys. I think that will pay dividends.

• 6 months later...
I think Holmgren is trying to bring in a leader at that position, someone who has been to a Super Bowl. From everything I've ever heard about him, Delhomme is a very good guy and a good leader.

Seneca Wallace has played his entire career in Holmgren's offense.

Those two factors lead me to believe both guys were brought in to groom the young QB Holmgren is going to draft. Both him and Heckert are known for drafting QBs in mid rounds and having them pan out.

I think from a team building standpoint, those two moves make sense. The last two season have seen the Browns lose punks and gain character guys. I think that will pay dividends.

Care to comment now? :D

Last I heard, the Brownies were looking at Kevin Kolb. Holy balls, does this team lack any type of direction.......:yawn:

Tom, I would love to.

So far I really like the direction the team is heading.

They've led at halftime in all three games so far this season, and have been competitive in all three as well. Obviously, when you're in a position to win like they have been, going 0-3 is a major issue. But it takes time for a franchise to change it's culture. Winning teams know how to close out games, as of right now, they don't know how to win.

I like the approach they've taken so far, bringing in some veterans who have Super Bowl rings like Ben Watson (great signing) and Scott Fugita, while at the same time removing the negative, me-first guys like Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards. And thus far, the QB play has been as steady as I've seen in Cleveland since probably their playoff year when Kelly Holcomb held down the fort for a season.

The front office finally seems solidified now as well. Holmgren/Heckert combo made some great draft selections. TJ Ward and Joe Haden have already made a huge impact in the secondary (their major weakness last season) and that is not something you see everyday out of rookie defensive backs. Mortario Hardesty was a risky pick, and was a huge loss. He's a beast and with him and Hillis back there, they really would have had something.

Peyton Hillis is an animal, and I'm pretty sure we're finally seeing the Browns begin to develop and identity with him. He's physical, Ward and Haden are physical, the oline is physical...that's AFC North football...they finally get it.

I'm not sure about the coaching staff. Eric Wright was exploited all day by Anquan Boldin...yet no adjustments were made. Why not bracket him with a safety, try Sheldon Brown or Joe Haden on him?????? The lack of adjustments by the coaching staff have cost them all three games.

Top three priorities have to be:

1) They still need to solidify the future of the QB spot. Is that Andrew Luck, maybe...can't really say since I haven't really seen the kid play that much. I was really upset to see them miss out on Bradford thouggh. Think he's the real deal. I'll take Haden though. He'll be a lockdown corner in the NFL.

2) They also still cannot generate a pass rush, even when Rob Ryan dails up a jailhouse blitz. That's just lack of speed/talent.

3) Their WRs are just awful. Robiskie couldn't get seperation from college dbacks (you remember how LSU's corners where inside his jersey Tom?). That was a major stretch taking him 36th overall. Mo Mass can probably be a #2 guy in this league, but only if he's got a legit #1 wideout drawing doubles on the other side of the field.

They address those 3 things, while continuing to develop the culture. I think they'll have something.

I hope you find this answer satisfactory, Tommy Tressel.

Edited by muggs

Tom, I would love to.

So far I really like the direction the team is heading.

They've led at halftime in all three games so far this season, and have been competitive in all three as well. Obviously, when you're in a position to win like they have been, going 0-3 is a major issue. But it takes time for a franchise to change it's culture. Winning teams know how to close out games, as of right now, they don't know how to win.

I like the approach they've taken so far, bringing in some veterans who have Super Bowl rings like Ben Watson (great signing) and Scott Fugita, while at the same time removing the negative, me-first guys like Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards. And thus far, the QB play has been as steady as I've seen in Cleveland since probably their playoff year when Kelly Holcomb held down the fort for a season.

The front office finally seems solidified now as well. Holmgren/Heckert combo made some great draft selections. TJ Ward and Joe Haden have already made a huge impact in the secondary (their major weakness last season) and that is not something you see everyday out of rookie defensive backs. Mortario Hardesty was a risky pick, and was a huge loss. He's a beast and with him and Hillis back there, they really would have had something.

Peyton Hillis is an animal, and I'm pretty sure we're finally seeing the Browns begin to develop and identity with him. He's physical, Ward and Haden are physical, the oline is physical...that's AFC North football...they finally get it.

I'm not sure about the coaching staff. Eric Wright was exploited all day by Anquan Boldin...yet no adjustments were made. Why not bracket him with a safety, try Sheldon Brown or Joe Haden on him?????? The lack of adjustments by the coaching staff have cost them all three games.

Top three priorities have to be:

1) They still need to solidify the future of the QB spot. Is that Andrew Luck, maybe...can't really say since I haven't really seen the kid play that much. I was really upset to see them miss out on Bradford thouggh. Think he's the real deal. I'll take Haden though. He'll be a lockdown corner in the NFL.

2) They also still cannot generate a pass rush, even when Rob Ryan dails up a jailhouse blitz. That's just lack of speed/talent.

3) Their WRs are just awful. Robiskie couldn't get seperation from college dbacks (you remember how LSU's corners where inside his jersey Tom?). That was a major stretch taking him 36th overall. Mo Mass can probably be a #2 guy in this league, but only if he's got a legit #1 wideout drawing doubles on the other side of the field.

They address those 3 things, while continuing to develop the culture. I think they'll have something.

I hope you find this answer satisfactory, Tommy Tressel.

I'll be honest, I read about 2 sentences of that book......:sleep1: