...finally connected on my black bear...

...I know I haven't been in here at all lately...-I want to catch up with how everyones' been doing...

-things are slowing up a bit; lots of halibut in the freezer now, we had family come up and visit for 12 days; the kids had various summer camps...and, been working the bear bait station real hard(season ends tomorrow night)

-nothing like almost the last minute to harvest!

....I didn't even have time to get up in the stand, or unwrap my bow...ended up taking this guy with Terry's Sako .338...and Terry was over in Whittier working a job.......so, I was on my own to drag this guy out...

-more details tomorrow; here are some initial pics I wanted to share...

2010Juneblackbearpics056.jpg

2010Juneblackbearpics081.jpg

2010Juneblackbearpics080.jpg

2010Juneblackbearpics017.jpg

2010Juneblackbearpics103.jpg

...I was having kind of a bad hair day last night when I finally rolled in with my bear, and it had been raining....lol

Congratulations Kathleen! However, I still like the picture of you and your bear (about 8 months pregnant) the best!:D

Not sure if you saw my post below but I was able to get my first (and second) bear in Idaho a few weeks ago.

You have always stated bear meat was really good and I wondered??? Now I know you were right on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...