Guided Elk Hunts

Slash

Can anybody suggest a good elk outfitter out west? Preferably wyoming. Not looking to break the bank but I want a great experience as I don't expect to do this sort of thing more than once in my life, but you never know. I've been looking at Triple Three Outfitters and they seem like a decent choice. Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sorry - I don't have any advice on specific guides but I think the best you can do is ask for references and don't be afraid to call them and see how their experience was. Also, get the guide on the phone and talk at length with them - usually their colors will shine through over a phone call and then you will know if they are someone you want to go with. Decide before you book a hunt what your expectations are - and try to determine if this guide can meet those expectations. Good luck - I hope it all works out and you have a terrific hunt!

Try Diamond J------they hunt out of Big Piney. I drew a WY moose tag & hunted with them. Good guys. Good food, good camp with a hot shower. Saw quite a few elk.

I'm assuming you want a horseback, pack in, rifle hunt.

It may take a year to draw the tag.

You can still buy a point up to Labor Day---I think.

CB

Try Diamond J------they hunt out of Big Piney. I drew a WY moose tag & hunted with them. Good guys. Good food, good camp with a hot shower. Saw quite a few elk.

I'm assuming you want a horseback, pack in, rifle hunt.

It may take a year to draw the tag.

You can still buy a point up to Labor Day---I think.

CB

Prob gonna buy a point this year and hope for next year or year after, but I was thinking more of a bow hunt, but yes horseback in and stalk or from a blind after that. Any idea on a ballpark price??

Check out the website-----I just goggled diamondj outfitters. Kevin was my guide. The 2 guys on the website with the moose are the owner & his son. They killed theirs a couple years after I went. I know they do bow hunts-------bugling during the rut. Get in shape---it's steep. You'll ride the horses up the creek drainage then hunt on foot.