Bret Favre

swampbuckva

LOL! I love it how kids like Ethan think the world of football all started with the first Super Bowl. I hear this all the time at school.

Like Chris, I think Brett is going to come back and get hurt real bad. Remember he cannot take pain killers like you and I because of his one time addiction to them. He is already hurt now with a bad ankle.

Now add on the feud with his coach (fueled by Brett's ego) and you have the makings of a ho-hum season.

I see the Pack winning the north this year if their defense can stay strong.

First of all....dont call me a kid. Thats very degrading. You wouldnt want me to call you an old man, correct? Im old enough to vote and fight in a war. So I am a young adult. Im not an idiot.

Secondly I know the "world of football" didnt start with the super bowl. I was merely restricting my point to RECENT HISTORY that MOST of the forum members could remember. Nobody cares what they won in the 40s and 50s. Dont insult my intelligence because of my age...thats ignorant.

I think to truly understand the game, you need to know all parts of it past, present, and future. The game is what it is today because of what happened years ago and will evolve in the future because of what happens today.

That said I think Brett is going to get a facefull of blitzes all year. D coordinators will take the tape from the NFC championship game and scheme from it. With the injury bug biting their WR core and Peterson having to play more on 3rd down because of Taylor leaving, they are going to get worn down and be not nearly as effective as last year. They still play in that crazy dome though and it gives opponents fits so I still think they will be the playoff hunt.

First of all....dont call me a kid. Thats very degrading. You wouldnt want me to call you an old man, correct? Im old enough to vote and fight in a war. So I am a young adult. Im not an idiot.

Secondly I know the "world of football" didnt start with the super bowl. I was merely restricting my point to RECENT HISTORY that MOST of the forum members could remember. Nobody cares what they won in the 40s and 50s. Dont insult my intelligence because of my age...thats ignorant.

Don't be such a Nancy boy, Ethan. No one's insulting you, we're busting chops...I mean this is a hunting forum and we're talking sports.

Sensitivity has no place here. If you're into that, there are other forums where sensitive, girly man hang out, like hair stylist forums, interior design forums, umm...pittsburghsteelers.com/forums has a bunch of homos on it.

Just dish it back out and have fun with it MAN.

Don't be such a Nancy boy, Ethan. No one's insulting you, we're busting chops...I mean this is a hunting forum and we're talking sports.

Sensitivity has no place here. If you're into that, there are other forums where sensitive, girly man hang out, like hair stylist forums, interior design forums, umm...pittsburghsteelers.com/forums has a bunch of homos on it.

Just dish it back out and have fun with it MAN.

Thats what I was doing MAN.

Thats what I was doing MAN.

Nah, you're talking about being degraded, bro. You came across like some new aged touchy feely Cal Berkeley grad.;)

Just rip on the Browns or something, put a little humor in there. I mean, they had to win their final 4 games to go 5-11. There is material there...

Edited by muggs

I stroke my own.

That's what She said!

I don't see him having another career year at 41. I personally hope he craps the bed again.

Any true Packer fan knows that it was Def. & Special Teams that lead the 96 team.

Def. & Special Teams won that SuperBowl, not Faaaaaaavre.

Holy cow muggsy I think Lebron bitterness has taken over your mental state. Do you even have an argument anymore that doesnt start with, "espn told you that"?

Furthermore, these other guys are right, nobody gives a crap about what the Browns did 175 years ago when that overrated running back Brown ran for a few yards in a 3 team league(you do know Jerome Bettis has more career yards right?). Trust me if the tables were reveresed and the Steelers had won 5 "pro football championships" and the Browns 5 Super Bowls you would be screaming up and down the block about how those championships 50 years ago don't mean anything.

And yes I know your next argument will be wahhh burgers and french cries about Art Modell moving the team to Baltimore. We already know this, so please spare us the crying.

Bottom line is, the Browns are a horrendous franchise. Cleveland is a horrendous city. Lebron left. All your Indians left a decade ago. Jim Brown doesnt want anything to do your boys. Even your man crush Brady Quinn left.

Even with a rapist suspended QB, no wide receivers or offense line, the Steelers will still finish better then/than Cleveland.....again...for what seems like the 50 consecutive season.

BTW--Let's face it, if Favre was playing for the Browns you would be drooling all over him.

BTW2---you still have a picture of another man in your signature...just sayin

:clap:

Aaron Rodgers > Brett Favre

Right...that's why he was a back up to Favre for oh so many years. ;) Thanks for clearing that up. :D There's a reason Farve was their starter and not Rodgers. Not denying that Rodgers isn't a good QB (and I have a feeling he'll do quite well) just saying he doesn't have the experience like Favre does.

And another thing, buckbuster is right; if Favre was still one of you Cheeseheads you would all still be drooling over and worshiping the man. I can't tell you how many of my Wisconsin facebook friends have "Brett Favre" listed as their religion! :D

However, one thing does have me concerned...he doesn't really have the hunger like he did last year. He said it himself, "I have nothing left to prove." And really, he doesn't; he's already a Hall of Famer. I think he'll have a good season and at least get over the 20-25 TD mark, but I don't think he'll be as good as last year.

Dakota :)

Edited by Dakota

Brett Favre is no longer a Packer because he decided he was bigger than the organization and basically held it hostage. The GM decided he had enough and traded him. Aaron Rodgers was a backup to Favre because he just came into the league and that is where rookie and second year QBs belong. How many rookie QBs come into the league and do well right away? Very few. Rodgers had time to sit back and learn the offense and now is going to be a top 3 quarterback in the league with Brees and Manning. I can't deny that while Favre was here, he was pretty much the man. Most Packer fans i know don't think of him that way anymore. He is a Viking now and at the top of the most hated list.

Brett Favre is no longer a Packer because he decided he was bigger than the organization and basically held it hostage. The GM decided he had enough and traded him. Aaron Rodgers was a backup to Favre because he just came into the league and that is where rookie and second year QBs belong. How many rookie QBs come into the league and do well right away? Very few. Rodgers had time to sit back and learn the offense and now is going to be a top 3 quarterback in the league with Brees and Manning. I can't deny that while Favre was here, he was pretty much the man. Most Packer fans i know don't think of him that way anymore. He is a Viking now and at the top of the most hated list.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

The charade Favre went through every year with "am I coming back or not" got really old. He knew exactly what he wanted. He used the Jets in 2008 so he could get to Minnesota. Anyone who does not realize that is totally blind.

It isn't that he is playing for Minnesota that changed my opinion of him. It is the way he went about it. Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell are two long-time Packers who went to Minnesota as free agents. My opinion of those two players hasn't changed because they went to a different team the right way. Favre thinks he is bigger than the game. Unfortunately, it seems like the only ones who don't see it are the few Favre fans that support the Packers and the Vikings fans. Funny how Vikings fans went from hating the man to loving him overnight.

I'm not going to even read the LONG replies up there, I'm a busy man boys, my time is $$.

Anyway, one of my fantasy leagues is very QB driven, and we start two. I was able to get Chris Johnson with the 2nd overall pick, and by the time it got to me the best QBs were gone. So, I was forced to use a pick on Favre a few rounds later. I threw up in my mouth a little.

So, now, although I still hate the dbag, I sure hope he throws for 4,000 with 30 TDs.:drink:

Edited by muggs

I'm not going to even read the LONG replies up there, I'm a busy man boys, my time is $$.

Anyway, one of my fantasy leagues is very QB driven, and we start to. I was able to get Chris Johnson with the 2nd overall pick, and by the time it got to me the best QBs were gone. So, I was forced to use a pick on Favre a few rounds later. I threw up in my mouth a little.

So, now, although I still hate the dbag, I sure hope he throws for 4,000 with 30 TDs.:drink:

lmao.........karma will come to get you on that draft pick :D:D:D

lmao.........karma will come to get you on that draft pick :D:D:D

I know dude. I used to win this league, or at least finish in the money every year because I was the only one who drafted QBs early, now everyone else figured it out...my team is pretty solid though.

QB1- Brett Favre

QB2- Matt Ryan

RB1- Chris Johnson

RB2- DeAngelo Williams

WR1- Reggie Wayne

WR2- Dwayne Bowe

TE/RB Flex- Vernon Davis

WR/RB Flex- Ahmad Bradshaw (gonna be a monsther this year)

DEF- Cowboys

K- Gostowski

BN- Percy Harvin

BN- Robert Meachum

BN- Justin Forsett

BN- Jake Delhomme

BN- Fred Taylor

BN- Mike Williams

I'm in the $$$ fho sho.:tooth:

• 4 months later...