Rubbing and scraping.............

Strut10

Got two picks of the same buck this past week. Have the trail-cam over a scrape on a woods road on the Strut10 Ranch. There's a stand 25 yards from where these pics were taken that me & Lil hunted this morning. In the first, he's just been rubbing. In the second, he's working a scrape. He's (obviously) also not showing himself in the daylight, either.

CDY_00074.jpg

CDY_00033.jpg

Don....how high do you have your camera's set up.....you always seem to have a downward angle to your pics........Is that with the idea that the flash won't spook the deer as much....since its not directly into their eyes/face???

That particular camera is set at about 7 feet. Reason I did it was because it seems to be better for getting a width perspective on a buck. I had been setting my cameras about hip high. Good side views. But never can tell about spreads.

Another reason to put them higher is to keep them maybe a little out of the direct view of any trespassers. Most folks tend not to see things above their heads.

That particular camera is set at about 7 feet. Reason I did it was because it seems to be better for getting a width perspective on a buck. I had been setting my cameras about hip high. Good side views. But never can tell about spreads.

Another reason to put them higher is to keep them maybe a little out of the direct view of any trespassers. Most folks tend not to see things above their heads.

2 very good points! Thanks!