Nat'l Championship

Guest TennesseeTurkey

Guest TennesseeTurkey
Yep, pretty good game.

Oregon is making too many mistakes though. Auburn is the better team. Looks like they will win it.

Oregons screens and big plays are keeping them in it....Auburn looks good but it aint over till its over...

Was a great game, didn't know what to expect. Earlier in the season I would have taken the Ducks, but watching the last couple of Auburn games I thought they were going to put up more points in the national championship. Great battle between to great teams, and I've always had a lot of respect for Oregon's program, they just got edged out in the end.

Urban Meyer will be a great analyst for ESPN. I thought it was unfair that they had two SEC guys on the pregame show and nobody from the Pac 10. I was getting sick and tired of hearing how fast/strong the SEC is. I guess when ESPN is your own personal network, these things will happen.

Tell me about it. I love how Herbstreit has to preface everything with SEC. Like, "that SEC offensive line" or "that SEC defensive tackle."

It should be more like, "welll since Auburn had the best QB money could buy, it's not surprising that the SEC won the game.":clap:If he turned down 180K from Ole Miss- I wonder how much he took from Auburn. I'm guessing it was closer to 250K.

Guest TennesseeTurkey
Tell me about it. I love how Herbstreit has to preface everything with SEC. Like, "that SEC offensive line" or "that SEC defensive tackle."

It should be more like, "welll since Auburn had the best QB money could buy, it's not surprising that the SEC won the game.":clap:If he turned down 180K from Mississippi State- I wonder how much he took from Auburn. I'm guessing it was closer to 250K.

There I fixed it for you.... at least MY team dosent cheat (aimed at redkneck and rhine)

Was simply making a point about how biased ESPN is towards the SEC. Not sure how that is whining. If there were two Pac 10 guys and nobody from the SEC, there would be an uproar. By the way the NCAA is quickly becoming one of the most corrupt sporting organizations in our country. It's all about exploiting college players and making money for them.

I'll admit it. Right now they are the best conference. I wouldn't go so far to say they are the best ever though.

Guest TennesseeTurkey
Oh come on all you ESPN, SEC haters...quit your whining. The SEC is the strongest conference, just admit it. The NCAA found that Cam Newton was eligible to play so I am confident that he was.

Big 10 Hypocrites :D..... Cam is ineligigle he took money! But Terrelle Pryor Didnt do ANYTHING wrong!

Dude- Cam Newton was the biggest headline in NCAA football all year, won the Heismann, and at the time was the starting QB for the #1 team in the nation (eventually winning the NT).

You really think the NCAA is going to step in and rule him ineligible? You really think the NCAA is going to rule Terrell Pryor, Boom Herron, and the other 3 Buckeye players ineligible a few weeks before their BSC bowl game?

There's a reason they waited to take down Reggie Bush ma man. Just like they're waiting to take down Cam Newton.

Using the fact the NCAA ruled a big name player as "eligible" is sort of comical. They have one goal in mind and that is to make the bottomline as healthy as they can. Hence the fact we're stuck with the currect BCS system as opposed to the playoff system everybody wants to see.

Guest TennesseeTurkey
Dude- Cam Newton was the biggest headline in NCAA football all year, won the Heismann, and at the time was the starting QB for the #1 team in the nation (eventually winning the NT).

You really think the NCAA is going to step in and rule him ineligible? You really think the NCAA is going to rule Terrell Pryor, Boom Herron, and the other 3 Buckeye players ineligible a few weeks before their BSC bowl game?

There's a reason they waited to take down Reggie Bush ma man. Just like they're waiting to take down Cam Newton.

Using the fact the NCAA ruled a big name player as "eligible" is sort of comical. They have one goal in mind and that is to make the bottomline as healthy as they can. Hence the fact we're stuck with the currect BCS system as opposed to the playoff system everybody wants to see.

That honestly does make a lot of sense as long as the NCAA is really crooked as it seems to be.... Im still skeptical tho... Its like (to me) some people say even NASCAR is fixed.. ex. Dale Jr hasnt been competitive since when? and yet when he was at DAYTONA IN THE #3 WRANGLER he dominates the race... It sounds funny but more than likely it isnt....

Bingo...NCAA are the biggest crooks on the planet.

Edited by buckbuster11

I used to think that the outside of the olympics that the NCAA was the purest form of sports since nobody was getting paid. Over the last few years and numerous scandals my view of this has changed. Its not just the SEC that is guilty either and its certainly not limitied to football. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to high school sports. At least for now, they aren't getting paid to play.

Ok so maybe the NCAA is crooked and corrupt. If they are I wish they had continued to be corrupt and let Enes Kanter play for the UK wildcats this year, but they found him ineligable. Hmmm I would have thought that the University of Kentucky and John Calipari would have just as much pull as anyone. I guess the NCAA just chooses to be corrupt part of the time??

I used to think that the outside of the olympics that the NCAA was the purest form of sports since nobody was getting paid. Over the last few years and numerous scandals my view of this has changed. Its not just the SEC that is guilty either and its certainly not limitied to football. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to high school sports. At least for now, they aren't getting paid to play.

Unfortunately, even HS sports aren't completely pure. There is a public school near me that just adopted an open enrollment policy and all of a sudden some of the best basketball players in the state transferred there.

There was no reason they'd do that...the school isn't a historically good basketball school or anything and the city is sort of a dump.

There has to be some incentive for these kids to transfer.

Actually, Glenville HS which is in Cleveland and is a powerhouse football team every year and basically is a feeder system for Ohio State is a "public" school, but they adopted the "academy" system so they can basically recruit from all over the area. Troy Smith, Ted Ginn, Donte Whitner all went to Glenville...to name a few.