SEC NOT the best conference?

Gator

All I have to say is 5 Nat'l titles in a row...... Nuff said. Really, how can you argue THAT? BTW, according to a snippet I heard on ESPN awhile back, THE SEC puts more players in the NFL than any other conference as well. Now I have no idea how true that is or isn't, but more food for thought for those in denial

Here is the reality of the situation.

It's a very good conference, at the top. But you can say that about the Pac 10, Big 12, and Big 10.

Here's the main difference though. When ESPN slurps you so much they sign a contract with the conference to air the games- that sort of influence can go a long way. So when you realize the slurping that goes on and how that affects voters etc...the chances are there will always be an SEC team in the NT game.

So, with that fact in mind...the conference has a 50% chance of winning the NT each year. That's pretty good odds.

It took a last second FG to beat a Pac 10 team that played a very sloppy first half. And, it took Texas losing Colt McCoy for 'Bama to win last year. LSU faced an OSU team that had no business being in a NT game. The Florida win was a nice win for the conference.

Edited by muggs

Muggsy my boy, put down the kool aid and listen to yourself. Your in denial my friend. Doesn't matter if it was a last second field goal or three touchdowns, a win is a win. Yes, OSU beat the #2 team, but what did the test of the Big ten do against THE SÉC? Btw, don't forget the Florida win over Oklahoma. But I guess that was a fluke to.....

Guest TennesseeTurkey

As far as a conference goes nobody can argue they havent been the best the last 5 years because they have the hardware.... I dont think any one conference has won that many in a row since the inception of the BCS matter of fact I know they havent... Domination was a littler easier back in the day, to do it in this day in time with the different offenses and such is crazy good.... SEC is the king of college football for now...

Guest TennesseeTurkey
Honestly, who really gives a crap?

If you're an SEC fan, good for you. It's all cyclical. This is the SEC's time. Big 10, Pac 10, ACC....they've all had their time and they will in the future, no big deal.

ACC? :sleep1: lol....

Jason, the Big Ten did very well against the SEC in last year's bowl games...it wasn't a good year for the Big Ten this year. With Nebraska coming into the conference next year, it's right up there with the SEC.

There are garbage teams in the SEC too, you just have to look at the top of the coference and the SEC is comparable to the PAC 10, Big Ten and maybe even the Big 12. This year though, the SEC was the best conference.

Edited by muggs

Being a fan of the SEC is like only being a fan of the NFC. It just doesnt make sense. My point is, unless you are an Auburn fan you have nothing to brag about.

Since I have been spending a little more time in here (The forums) lately and a graduate of Auburn University, I will take this post as my ticket to come in and brag a little. War Eagle!

Since I have been spending a little more time in here (The forums) lately and a graduate of Auburn University, I will take this post as my ticket to come in and brag a little. War Eagle!

I'm still mad cuz we couldn't come up with some funds for the kid to play in MS!

:D

Jackie Sherill would've played ball! lol.....

Glad we were able to bring the trophy back south anyways... :D

LOL he has spoken ...

Cant argue with the score board ... in a year who knows do we get to say the big ten is the best conference if they win it or do we still here SEC since they have 5 out of 6 ... if this logic sticks then well Dallas would be the greatest NFL team of all time to win the SB 2 time in a row and wint he fourth but ending up 3 out of 4 in a row right? lol or however that went you get my point ... the SEC was the confernce this year no doubt ... BTW where did Alabama end up? Arent they in the SEC?

Steve

LOL he has spoken ...

Cant argue with the score board ... in a year who knows do we get to say the big ten is the best conference if they win it or do we still here SEC since they have 5 out of 6 ... if this logic sticks then well Dallas would be the greatest NFL team of all time to win the SB 2 time in a row and wint he fourth but ending up 3 out of 4 in a row right? lol or however that went you get my point ... the SEC was the confernce this year no doubt ... BTW where did Alabama end up? Arent they in the SEC?

Steve

Bama is SEC and finished 10th this year. So they win it last year and AU this year. That's two National Championships and two Heisman winners from one state in two years. Impressive!

if this logic sticks then well Dallas would be the greatest NFL team of all time to win the SB 2 time in a row and wint he fourth but ending up 3 out of 4 in a row right?

Steve

I know this is off topic, but just as a little side note, the statement above might not be that far off. Hard to believe this, but the Dallas Cowboys franchise was worth more in 2010 than the New York Yankee's franchise. Hard to imagine that, or atleast it is for me. Just a little interesting fact. carry on :D