elkoholic Posted April 25, 2011 Report Share Posted April 25, 2011 I have been anxious to get the boat in the water and with most of the smaller lakes still covered with ice I looked to Lake Koocanusa as the place to go. I went to check out the condition of the local boat launches for access because the lake is drawn down to more than 100 feet below full pool. The nearest one at Rexford Bench is close to 1/4 mile long just to reach the water, but even at that it was fairly busy on our first sunny weekend of the spring. Maybe this week I'll get the boat in if the weather isn't too bad. We didn't take a picture of the boat launch but we did take a few pictures of the lake bed at another launch site, Peck Gulch. Standing in the lake bed looking out towards the lake My truck should be 30 to 40 feet under water in that spot With the snow pack at 160% to near 200% of average it is still predicted that the lake will reach full pool this summer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PA_Spike_King Posted April 26, 2011 Report Share Posted April 26, 2011 Those sure are some great pics elk, I think all the water is here on the east coast. LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.