jesse8953 Posted June 13, 2012 Report Share Posted June 13, 2012 I have been told if you have gotten a d.u.i. you can't get into Canada.Is that true.I got a d.u.i. 18 years ago when I was 20.I learned my leason and have never been in trouble since.I want to go bear hunting in 2 years in Manatoba with my buddy.How can i get into Canada? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dbHunterNY Posted June 13, 2012 Report Share Posted June 13, 2012 it's kind of confusing... i believe you might be "rehabilitated" if tens years have passed. also i think there's some kind of waiver documentation you can get. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruttinbuc Posted June 13, 2012 Report Share Posted June 13, 2012 (edited) How Long Does a DUI Stay on a DMV Record? | eHow.com Here are some good answers. All states are different in their record keeping. Canada: DWI or DUI - Driving convictions - TripAdvisor Edited June 13, 2012 by ruttinbuc Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted June 13, 2012 Report Share Posted June 13, 2012 Best thing to do is call the Canada Customs office and ask about it. I'd say 18 years it should be well off your record, you may need to receive a pardon if it's still on. I had a DUI 3 1/2 years ago and I had no problem getting into the US, but the US doesn't consider a DUI a criminal offence and Canada does, it's one of those grey areas so definitely find out for sure before you make your trip. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted June 14, 2012 Report Share Posted June 14, 2012 just do not try to go to canada, thinking that they do not know. they'll know, and turn you away. i've known that to happen to friends of mine often. a few lost paid hunting trips, with no refund. if you plan to take guns, register them first with canada customs. $50.00 a gun, i think. no pistols, for sure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.