Well?

How is everyone turkey season going so far? I hunted in Kansas with some members a few weeks ago They has great success I on the other hand only had jakes and hens visit me but hey its hunting... Our opening day is may 1st excited about it but not for the forecast steady rain ugh send pics and stories please looking fwd to seeing them...

Good to hear the hunters in Kansas did good Tim. The timing of the Kansas hunt & paying my taxes on time this year was a problem for me.

As for turkey hunting...been a great year for me so far. Killed my 1st MS bird on opening morning (3/15). Called a double beard in for a young rookie in MS too. Weird, tough season in MS but I managed to get on the right birds on back to back mornings (4/9 & 4/10) and bag my 2nd & 3rd MS gobblers & limit out in MS. Killed my 1st MO gobbler on 4/19 and called in an old bird for a young rookie hunter in MO too on 4/23. Took a short break and I'm back in MO trying to get my 2nd bird now. Weather has been pitiful the past 2 mornings here. Looks like I'll have to play guide for another hunter a few days later this week.

Links to the stories of my successful hunts so far this spring are here. Hope to have another one soon!

http://forums.realtree.com/forum/general-discussion/turkey-hunting/2054690-early-season-tough-but-some-success

http://forums.realtree.com/forum/general-discussion/turkey-hunting/2054764-2-gobblers-in-3-days

http://forums.realtree.com/forum/general-discussion/turkey-hunting/2054892-great-opening-week-to-mo-season

Good luck to you on your opener & the rest of your spring turkey season Tim.

Killed my 2nd MO gobbler today at 12:05...9 1/4" beard, 1" spurs. That limits me out for this year. Full story to come later with pics. Short version is he was the 3rd bird I worked today. 1st was a group of ~5 gobblers roosted close together that all went the wrong way. 2nd was one that forced me to set up immediately, then was rude & came up inside 20 yards on the other side of a blown down treetop. Got on the 3rd after he answered my crow call. Came in gobbling & drumming with a buddy. Long but exciting and successful day of turkey hunting. Get 1 day to rest before I put on my guide hat for a business associate Wednesday morning.

Birds were fairly-lockjawed this morning, until almost 7am. Had one on the hillside west of the logging road I was on. When he came down, he became a ghost, never heard another gobble all day, think the cool-snap we had here in Missouri put them off a little, but always tomorrow.

I got a decent Rio here in OK on a pretty short hunt. We pulled up, called a little from the truck, and the gobbles started about 75 yards away. The bird was working the edge of a wheat field, so I snuck around to the middle of the field and slipped a hen out in front.... took about 10 minutes for him to work his way to me, but came straight to the decoy. Looking forward to enjoying the spoils of the hunt this weekend when we get the smoker out. Good Luck to everyone else!!