JimT Posted March 28, 2005 Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 I am going to turn my bow down to 60# from 70#. I will be needing to get lighter arrows also. Should I get a dozen 5575 Gold Tips or should I get a dozen 2413 XX75 aluminums? I shoot 2315 arrows now. I have the aluminum biscuit now, and some guys here said it was ok to shoot carbons thru it. I can get the carbon insert for my biscuit also, but wont if I do not need to. I have 17 2315 arrows I want to use, so I will be hunting with them this fall when I crank my bow back up to 70#. I need to start off light because of my shoulder. I hope it will be o.k. come mid August to go back to 70#. What do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted March 28, 2005 Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 Re: Biscuit/Arrows The pro shop I was at did not reccomend shooting carbon from the aluminum biscuit insert. Too much play. Then again my expirence with this bow is not long enough maybe I shouldn't respond. I kind to stay with what the manufactures says. Good luck with it Jim! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrud Posted March 28, 2005 Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 Re: Biscuit/Arrows I don't like making drastic changes when I get my bow tuned. If you are shooting aluminum arrows when you crank the weight back up, I'd shoot aluminums when you turn it down too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted March 28, 2005 Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 Re: Biscuit/Arrows If your thinking about switching to carbons when you turn it down to 60#, why not stick with carbons when you crank er back up too. I tend to agree with Chrud. I'd keep the arrows the same, just to avoid tuning problems. If your tuned in good at 70#, the only thing that should need adjusting when you crank it down to 60# should be your sights (hopefully) As far as shooting carbons through an aluminum biscuit, you should be OK, because the arrow will still lay in the centre of the round. (if ya know what I mean ) Shooting aluminums through a carbon biscuit would be a no-no. I hope that shoulder heals up good for you Jim Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted March 28, 2005 Author Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 Re: Biscuit/Arrows I took you guys advice and stuck with aluminums. Had my bow tuned today. My arrows will be ready tomorrow. Went with 2413s. Tomorrow night I will be at the indoor range. Oh Ya! Going to paper tune it and shoot it thru the chronograph. Should be fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
camelNS Posted March 28, 2005 Report Share Posted March 28, 2005 Re: Biscuit/Arrows You'll be glad you stuck with aluminums Jim.Wouldn't want to hurt your shoulder trying to pull carbons from the target.I hear they are real hard to pull out of 3D targets.I have been shooting superslams in 2413 for a month now and they shoot great.Gained a bit of speed and they should still be plenty good for hunting.Hope you shoulder heals up good and fast.If it bothers you while shooting keep it at a lower weight,still be plenty for hunting at 60.LBS,or even less.Take care of that shoulder. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.