carbonhunter Posted April 30, 2005 Report Share Posted April 30, 2005 Obviously id want to shoot it to be sure to sight in and check the zero again, but will paint or tape have any effects to my limbs/riser if paint how do you protect the string and cams?? I have an older bow, and still love shooting it, but would like to add some camo to it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted April 30, 2005 Report Share Posted April 30, 2005 Re: Any effects? I don't blame you, I used to love to change my bows camo every now and then. I did very little spray painting, mostly used flat model paint and stencils. I never noticed any changes on how it shot. I'm not sure about tape, never used it ?? too_ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
longislandhunter Posted May 1, 2005 Report Share Posted May 1, 2005 Re: Any effects? I used camo tape on an older bow that I have and it didn't change the way the bow shot one bit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
carbonhunter Posted May 1, 2005 Author Report Share Posted May 1, 2005 Re: Any effects? [ QUOTE ] I don't blame you, I used to love to change my bows camo every now and then. I did very little spray painting, mostly used flat model paint and stencils. I never noticed any changes on how it shot. I'm not sure about tape, never used it ?? too_ [/ QUOTE ] Nice, did you spray with the string on or off??? wondering what to do (other than tape) to protect the string and cams?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted May 1, 2005 Report Share Posted May 1, 2005 Re: Any effects? So, just how many of those 20 deer you shot last year were spooked by your non-camoed bow? hmmmmmm? Hey, if you have enough spare time to paint your bow, why is it that we're 15 miles from each other and not golfing, hunting or scouting with each other, hmmmmmm? j/k If you must have a pretty bow (which I don't believe you have to have, but since you're hanging out with sororiety chicks, I guess they're rubbing off on you), here's what you do: go outside, find 2 oak leaves, and 2 maple leaves, get some gray spray paint, and some green spray paint. Spray the riser gray and let the paint dry. Put the 4 leaves on the riser, and spray the green. Repeat for the limbs. Don't worry about the cams and wheels, the spray won't hurt it or the string. After a few shots, the paint falls right off the string. I had a buddy paint his bow every year doing the same method, he got pretty good at it. It looks good and didn't bother the bow a bit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
carbonhunter Posted May 1, 2005 Author Report Share Posted May 1, 2005 Re: Any effects? [ QUOTE ] So, just how many of those 20 deer you shot last year were spooked by your non-camoed bow? hmmmmmm? [/ QUOTE ] Good point.....just a change of pace i guess [ QUOTE ] which I don't believe you have to have, but since you're hanging out with sororiety chicks, I guess they're rubbing off on you [/ QUOTE ] oooohhhhh man you left that door soooooo wide open. To bad this is a open forum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted May 1, 2005 Report Share Posted May 1, 2005 Re: Any effects? I would take some camo fabric of your choice and make some limb covers. KOPLIN use to offer these years ago and they attached with velcro. It was a simple camo job without having to paint your limbs. Just get some fabric or even camo facemasks work. Cut them to cover your limbs both front and back and attach some velcro every 3 inches or so. It takes some sewing but they work. I made a set for my old bear I had and they worked great. Then you can put them in your tote you keep your clothes in and get them to match the scent of your clothes. Attach them before the hunt and your bow will blend in and not spook game. Good luck. Lou Lou Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted May 2, 2005 Report Share Posted May 2, 2005 Re: Any effects? [ QUOTE ] Quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- which I don't believe you have to have, but since you're hanging out with sororiety chicks, I guess they're rubbing off on you -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- oooohhhhh man you left that door soooooo wide open. To bad this is a open forum [/ QUOTE ] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.