tallone Posted October 22, 2004 Report Share Posted October 22, 2004 For those of you that read my earlier post, my bow kept shooting low everytime I shot it. I went to shoot it today and once again it was around three inches low with my sights all the way down.. I sat down and was looking at my bow bewildered and happened to notice the knot where my drop zone is tied to my string was about to pull out. I remembered that when I first had it put on it had about 1/8 inch of a tail coming out of the knot. I retightned it back to where I had it and low and behold I shot about eight inches high! I had looked at the rest before and it would come all the way up when I was at full draw but I never paid attention to it coming back down. I put some super glue to hold in place and readjusted my sights to almost where I started and I am now back in buisness! Man this thing has racked my nerves these last few weeks. Anybody that has drop aways keep an eye on the string. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VTbowman Posted October 22, 2004 Report Share Posted October 22, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! Cool! Glad you figured it out. Good going! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whitetailkiller Posted October 22, 2004 Report Share Posted October 22, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! glad you figured it out now you can start grouping and maybe kill a deer this season!!!!!!!!!! good luck!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted October 23, 2004 Report Share Posted October 23, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! Glad you figured it out. That's quite tough on the ol brain when that little stuff happens. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowtechTurkeyHunter Posted October 23, 2004 Report Share Posted October 23, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! Nice job and glad you got it figured out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tallone Posted October 23, 2004 Author Report Share Posted October 23, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! Thank you, thank you! Just wish I had figured it out sooner. Always learning something! Now if I can just put it to use in the morning when I get in my tree. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted October 23, 2004 Report Share Posted October 23, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! Congratulations on getting your bow fixed. Good luck hunting with it. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tony Posted October 24, 2004 Report Share Posted October 24, 2004 Re: Found the problem!! there are several ways to tie the knot to your drop zone string.. the conventional way is to tie an over hand knot , pull it tight and then burn it down to seat it .. then you have the way my shop did mine.. they ran the string through and then doubled the string and served it together ... it wont slip ever again.. even though mine is a trophy taker i still has the same kind of knot that has to be tied... hers a pic of mine... [image] [/image] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.