treestands


maddhunter

Recommended Posts

Guest lilcrackshot

Re: treestands

Give the deer enough time to get used to the stand. How much time depends on how much you changed. I would say a minimum of a month for good success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: treestands

Kind of depends on your area. If you have deer consistently using a particular trail or area, you can hang them now.

There's been plenty of times my buddies and I have pulled a stand in the morning, relocated it, and hunted out of it that afternoon.

The deer around here shift their travel corridors depending on lots of stuff, namely the crop rotation and when the crops are harvested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: treestands

Personally I move around a lot so I dont worry much about getting mine in early, because theyll probably only be there a couple days or weeks anyway.Like Tominator said, the deer around here change thier travel patterns as the season progresses due to crops coming out, hunting pressure, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: treestands

[ QUOTE ]

im new to this site and i was just wondering what time frame should i have my treestands up my bow season starts the fourth saturday of september

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums. Personally if I'm putting a stand up I like to put mine out about a month before I actually hunt it. Especially if its a tripod without much cover or a ladder stand without much cover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: treestands

[ QUOTE ]

Our season starts Oct.1st and I usually have my stands hung and shooting lanes trimmed by the end of August.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here and pretty much the same for my hang on stands and some ground blinds too. I keep all my climbers handy for moving around during the season to stay with the oak trees, other mast trees, etc. that are getting a lot of activity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: treestands

as soon as i get my permits i start scouting , then set them up as soon as possible, then i leave them alone until the hunts.......i also have a climber in case i want to be mobile.......i admit , i have 3 stands that i kept up this year, so i dont know if they are even there, but i'll go check on em......i know they are in hot areas, always have been productive, so they stayed this year....i did take a couple of them out and will relocate, but i basically know where they'll go..... smile.gif

set them up and leave them alone until your hunt is the best advice i have gotten......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.