HeviShot Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 What or who made you decide to pick a bow and hunt?For me it was Michael Waddell and Stan Potts.I wantdto make deer hunting more of a challenge,so I watched a video with Waddell.Then I watched a video of Potts killing a GIANT 9 pointer.His emotion andlove for the sport is unreal.I am very excited about this upcoming season. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? For me, it was my buddy Ken's(3legs) Dad Mel, who was gracious enough to let me take a few shots with his bow one day in his back yard. I got hooked pretty fast. Bought my first bow off of him too, so I have him to thank Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PAbowhunter4life Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? As odd as this may sound, I inspired myself. My family is a big hunting family, but very few of them shoot bows or archery hunt. Me however, ever since I was little I can remember being fascinated with the flight of an arrow, or the sleek sexy curves of the bows I saw on Realtree Outdoors, Mossy Oak Hunting the Country, etc. At the ripe age of 25, my addiction is stronger than ever and there's no place I'd rather be than 15' up in an oak watching the day come alive. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest grunter Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My dad inspired me to hunt. My best friends and their dad inspired me to bowhunt. Started with a recurve 31 years ago. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam16 Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My father for sure. I have a picture of me from Halloween when i was two years old and my dad had me dressed up like a hunter. I have been hooked since then. I remember sitting up in a big permanent wooden stand with my dad while he hunted in silence for a couple of seasons before i got my own bow. Cant wait to hit the woods with him this year and making it our 9th year together... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? i kind of got myself started with bowhunting. I just wanted to increase my time in the field deer hunting. Nobody in my family had ever bowhunted before so I kind of had to teach myself. I wish I would have taken some lessons back then. todd Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Bowhunter2114 Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My older brother definately! I went with my brother and sat on the ground (He had his bow I did not have one yet) Anyway we were sitting there and hear this doe snort not 15 yds behind us... That was probably one of my most memorable hunts. also I believe it was his first outing with his bow. Anyway the fallowing Christmas (2 Months later he bought me my first bow...Parker Challenger) Which has now been upgraded to the Ultralite 31. Anyway my brother has always been there for me and he also got me my first deer a BIG 8 which was 3 years ago. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My friend growing up introduced me to hunting, and I just had a passion for it. Wanting more of a challenge made me pick up a bow, and I'm glad I did. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
c_lou Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? For me it was my uncle Bill. Watching him shoot a bow was an inspiration. It seemed so natural. As the years went on it is now the only way I prefer to hunt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PAhardwoods Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My gramps got me into hunting and the love i gained for the sport inspired me to archery hunt so i could get more times in the woods Cody Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? a fellow by the name of Phillip Duke. He is one of, if not my best friends. He is a tremendous archer and a tremendous friend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? As far as bowhunting, these guys. My buddy Shawn on the left got me into bowhunting when we were in college together way back in 1987. And of course my buddy Tom. Here's a guy that helped me through some tough times, always there for me, always wants to go hunting, just like me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My stepdad got me involved in hunting back when I was 12 and I thank him for allowing me to see the world in a different way. I was truly blessed for being taken to the woods at a young age. I feel sorry for city kids! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
oo_buck Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My brother-in-law had a lot to do with it..... Don't tell him I said that though... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest gobblergetter15 Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My friend kevin got me into bow hunting. But if I had known who Michael Waddell was I would have definately been inspired. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest stsi36 Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? my dad inspired me to hunt but i picked up a bow mostly beacuse you can hunt with a bow at a younger age and i wanted to get right into hunting Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest tyshe17 Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? I got started shooting a bow when I was 5 years old at the renisance festival in Nashville, shot some 3d shoots, then went to olympic style archer...as I started hunting deer (13) it was a natural progression to get into bow hunting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhino Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? A friend of mine in college got me into bowhunting in 1974. Between him and my roommate we didn't do so sporty as far as school went that year. Had way too much fun hunting and fishing. The same guy got me into turkey hunting too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest tunkhannockbowhunter Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? i come from a big hunting family but i wanted to spend more time hunting deer so i decided to try bow hunting. now im hooked for life and dont even like to hunt for deer with firearms anymore Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted July 13, 2005 Report Share Posted July 13, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My Dad bought us each a PSE bow back in 1978 or 79 and we got started together. Had a blast shooting a snuff cans with him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DWC Posted July 18, 2005 Report Share Posted July 18, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? well first there was my little brother, i also found that rifle season wasnt as challangeing as it use to be for me. bowhunting is a challange that is going to take me a couple of years to master just some of the basics so for me it was the challange of getting a deer that close for a good shot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mach1 Posted July 18, 2005 Report Share Posted July 18, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? Not really sure if one single person did. My brother and I really started watching hunting shows and videos when I was in high school and they did lots of bowhunting. My family was already big into hunting anything that moved, but none of us owned a bow. I asked for one for Christmas my first year of college and got one. I shot that thing or held it almost every day for a few months. Then that following November I took my first deer with my bow, a 168-inch 9-pt. My brother got one that Christmas and my dad got one sometime during the following year. Now we're all hooked, but I'm still the only one who's taken at least one deer so far with a bow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nosdog2 Posted July 18, 2005 Report Share Posted July 18, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? My dad! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VtBowhunter Posted July 18, 2005 Report Share Posted July 18, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? It was my father. I used to sit as a kid and watch him and his buddies shoot for hours in the back yard and I remember thinking "I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to try that". Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Big_Game_Hunter_64 Posted July 18, 2005 Report Share Posted July 18, 2005 Re: Who inspired you? my dad got me into hunting and the one day i just decided that i was going to bowhunt, mostly to have more hunting time with bow and rifle season Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.