Griz Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 My mom has be checked in to OKC Baptist Hospital Friday morning at 5am. for open heart surgery. They will start the surgery at 8am. They are going to replace a valve one side of her heart and do a bypass on the other side. The doctor told us that she will be in surgery for 4 hours, 5 hours in recovery, 2 days in ICU and in a room from anywhere from 3 to 5 days and then home. If everything goes alright. Which I pray to God that everything is going to be alright..... Here in a few hours we are taking off and heading that way. It's a pretty scary deal for me and rest of my family. I just haven't been myself here lately and I have been praying everyday that everything is going to be alright.... Just thought I would fill yall in on whats happening on my end. Yall take care and I will see yall again real soon.... Griz.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
texastrophies Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Our thoughts and prayers are with you & your mom. My mom had a triple by-pass a few years ago and while they pretty much have the procedure down to an everyday occurance, when it happens to a loved one it is a very critical undertaking. My mom is doing great, as I am sure yours will be also. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Prayers are being said for your mom, your family and the doctors. Hope she has a quick recovery. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DSGB Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Prayers on the way for a full and speedy recovery. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MCH Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Dale, don't feel obliged to hold the get together so soon after your mother's surgery. I, for one, wouldn't mind postponing it for a month if need be. Your mother will be in our prayers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Thoughts and prayers there Dale. Take care. Modern medicine is a great thing. I'm sure she'll do fine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Your in our thoughts and prayers and I hope and pray all goes well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Just sent out a prayer for you bud! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Griz.............we will be thinking about you and your family..........especially your mother. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted July 14, 2005 Report Share Posted July 14, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Dale, I am sending prayers for your mom and family. Please update us as you can . Mike Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom and your family. I hope that everything turns out fine. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Thoughts and prayers with your mother and your family Dale. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
christsavedme Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Dale, May you and your family, esp your mother be showered with prayers throughout this whole process. I pray that the Lord will give the Dr.'s what they need, both spiritually and mentally, to do their very best. If you need anything just let us know! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Griz, Best wishes to you and your family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuntingInMaine Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... I'm adding my prayers that the doctor's hands will be divinely guided during the surgery. My grandfather has been through two quadruple bypasses, many stints put in, and too many tests to count. It amazes me the work these doctors can do, and at 75, he just had an appointment where the doctors say everything looks great! I hope the same happens for your mother. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rhino Posted July 15, 2005 Report Share Posted July 15, 2005 Re: I\'ve been a nerves wreck here lately.... Prayers on the way griz for your mother, you, and your family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.