Guest Finn Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Does anyone else have school fees each year? Here in Naperville IL, I just got a bill for $156 + any extras for my daughter to attend her sophomore year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Re: School Fees stink! nope, here in Ontario, school is free! well except for post-secondary. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shutter Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Re: School Fees stink! Sophomore year in HS? or college? My grad program charges more in school fees than tuition+books combined .. really sucks because my company reimbursement only pays for tuition, not fees.. fees used to be parking pass, and other ancillary things.. now you have lab fee, computer fee, library fee, and all kinds of other required over head.. it’s such a racket.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Re: School Fees stink! This is in HS. I think my son's will be about $125 for 7th grade. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Re: School Fees stink! Yeah, so much for "free public education" eh? I'm on both ends, parent and teacher, and to be honest, I've never understood the fee thing. In my mind, my property taxes should take care of "fees." The only explanation I can give you is some kids will take certain classes on the high school level that some kids won't take like woodworking. Is it fair for a kid to buy wood that another kid will use? or, is it fair for a kid to buy an AP test that another kid will take? So, on the high school, and middle school level I can understand it. Now, on the elementary level, I don't understand it. Seems to me they all take the same curriculum, all have the same supplies, all have the same books, etc, so where do they get off charging my wife and I $60 per child? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
billygoat Posted July 25, 2005 Report Share Posted July 25, 2005 Re: School Fees stink! HA! I don't have kids so I don't pay 'nothin'... Ohhhhhh, just wait... what were my taxes again this year? Local tax for our school is crazy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.