MCH Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Does anyone have or maybe know someone that has "Cluster Headaches"?? Unfortunately, I'm one of the 1% of Americans that experience these headaches yearly. They're reportedly more extreme than migraines and are seasonal. I usually get mine between July and September. They normally occur at the same time each day/night. Mine start out by waking me up in the middle of the night every day but right now, they're hitting me in the morning. These headaches are nicknamed "Suicidal Headaches"..for good reason. If you haven't heard of them, go to Google and enter Cluster Headaches. It's well worth the read. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuntingInMaine Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. My mother and her sister gets them and it makes them pretty miserable. It has helped my mom to stay out of the heat and avoid caffiene, but doesn't get rid of them completely. Sorry to hear you suffer from these, hope you find something that gives you some relief! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
billygoat Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. Doesn't sound like any fun! Sorry to hear about the HA's. Will Immitrex help with them? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. Never heard of them. They don't sound like very much fun though. Sorry to hear that you get these. You might wanna try a migraine recipe I got from someone: 1 can of Mountain Dew 1 Excedrin Migraine 1 Extra strength Tylenol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maddhunter Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. [ QUOTE ] Never heard of them. They don't sound like very much fun though. Sorry to hear that you get these. You might wanna try a migraine recipe I got from someone: 1 can of Mountain Dew 1 Excedrin Migraine 1 Extra strength Tylenol [/ QUOTE ] That sounds like a recipe for speed not a pain killer Sorry to hear about the head aches. I get really bad ones about 2-5 times a week, but mine are cause by a disc that gets out of place in my neck and sends a knife stabbing pain from my neck all the way up my head to my eye. I feal for ya!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowtechTurkeyHunter Posted August 5, 2005 Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. Wow thats rough so there is nothing that can be done you just have to deal with this for 3 months? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MCH Posted August 5, 2005 Author Report Share Posted August 5, 2005 Re: Speaking of \"clusters\".. [ QUOTE ] Wow thats rough so there is nothing that can be done you just have to deal with this for 3 months? [/ QUOTE ] The clusters usually only last from 4 to 6 weeks but they always occur during that 3 month window. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had them during bow season... They had me on Topamax, which is a drug for epilepsy, and that was supposed to stop them, but all it did was get me addicted...lol. Imitrex works for some but all it does is kill the headache once it starts. I'm not sure on the correct price, but someone mentioned that one injection cost $30 with insurance. With clusters, you'd be using an injection a day. Right now, I'm living with them. This year has been a fairly easy year. While typing this post this morning, I was actually having a headache. During the bad ones, I couldn't stand light much less thinking. Here's how I describe the pain: It only happens on the right side of my face. It feels like someone is taking an old fashioned drill and slowly, very slowly, making a hole from the inside, just above my eye. Meanwhile, something has a grip on my eyeball and is pushing it out as far as it will go without popping out. And then something is in my cheek doing the RiverDance on the nerves in my teeth... The person I feel sorry for is my wife. There's absolutely no talking to me when I'm having one. The only thing that makes it bearable is that they only last about 1-2 hours a day. Anyway, thanks for the support. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.