Guest Xen Posted September 1, 2005 Report Share Posted September 1, 2005 well, here in utah, today was opening morning for doves. I had a wonderful time. got to hunt with my dad on some friends property. there were doves everywhere, even a few pigeons. filled my limit, got them all cleaned up and in the fridge, and was still at work by noon. what a great way to start the day Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest andymansavage Posted September 2, 2005 Report Share Posted September 2, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Xen, I went out last night in the desert near utah lake and didn't see a bird. I'm headed to a 700 acre farm in the uinta basin this weekend to really start the hunt. Andy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted September 2, 2005 Report Share Posted September 2, 2005 Re: dove season opened today I got skunked yesterday, but I had fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckbuster11 Posted September 2, 2005 Report Share Posted September 2, 2005 Re: dove season opened today I got skunked. I didnt get to hunt very long though. Property we usually hunt doesnt appear to be huntable this year so we only got about an hour in. We saw 1, and I didnt take my gun off the shoulder the whole time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Smitteken Posted September 3, 2005 Report Share Posted September 3, 2005 Re: dove season opened today I got out late on Thursday about 545pm. The field I got to had about 300 birds on it when we were walking in. We managed to get 10 between three guys (I had 3). We're gonna hunt the same field Sunday morning. Hopefully we'll slaughter them. I'm gonna go this afternoon when I get off work too. Good Luck to All -aaron Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bowhunt101 Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Dove opened here yesterday (the 3rd) and we shot alot of shells, alotta of bull, got about 6doves (I got 3 of the 6), but overall we had a ball. Even if we didnt get many birds we had a ball trying. We shot a big black snake and that was cool to. Yall takemeasy and have a goodun.-tim PS:we are gunna tryem again tommorow but bowseason starts Saturday so everything else stops for me.-tim Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nut Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: dove season opened today I saw 12. Was 2 for 2 in shooting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted September 6, 2005 Report Share Posted September 6, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Got 6 over the weekend just sitting out back. At one point Saturday morning I was 3 for 3, but the percentage went down steadily in the afternoon as the birds were higher. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntn4bucks Posted September 6, 2005 Report Share Posted September 6, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Congrats Xen. Our season doesn't open until this Saturday...I can't wait. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Xen Posted September 7, 2005 Report Share Posted September 7, 2005 Re: dove season opened today the bag limit out here is 10 and the posession limit is 20 (that is for white winged and mourning dove, but you can get as many eurasian doves as you find) - and andy, sorry to hear utah lake sucked we were out by grantsville on some farm land. with how great the doves were opening morning, the next day was horrible - saw 5 and had 1 that was close enough to shoot at. i had been there for almost 2 hours when that 1 flew by, i had my gun up, finger on the trigger and just said boom, put my gun down and got in the car and went home - oh well, opening morning was still awesome Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Smitteken Posted September 8, 2005 Report Share Posted September 8, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Sunday afternoon me and 5 buddies all killed out. It was awesome. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted September 9, 2005 Report Share Posted September 9, 2005 Re: dove season opened today Congrats on the birds! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
longislandhunter Posted September 9, 2005 Report Share Posted September 9, 2005 Re: dove season opened today I wish New York would open a dove season. They've been considering it for years but have never done it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.