markyj987 Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 So, after spending the last week or so moving from Milwaukee to (the suburb of) South Milwaukee, I had an epiphany last night. Let me set the stage. Though I hate the city of Milwaukee, I truly am a Milwaukeean in some aspects. I'm a huge Brewers fan, like to eat bratwurst with sauerkraut, and will always pick a Miller product over any beer with Clydesdales as its trademark. Friday night, however, I went to a local Lions Club festival. At the event, they only had Budweiser products. Not having my normal MGD, I "settled" for a Bud. Ready to flich as I took a sip, I was surprised at how good it was. Thinking it an illusion, I had an MGD later that night at a different place--and it was nasty. That's just the background. Last night, I went to a local grocery store to pick up a six-pack of Budweiser. On the way out, I saw my reflection in the door and what did I see? A scruffy guy with a blaze orange Team Realtree hat, olive green Realtree shirt, Team Realtree Racing watch, and a six-pack of Bud. (Edit: I left out my Wranglers and Advantage Timber belt...LOL) Leave out the fact that I drive a Saturn and don't ahve a gun rack in my vehicle...and also the fact that I do--or don't "talk funny" (depending on where you're from) and also that I don't have anything even remotely resembling a tan--that maybe I shouldn't be a Wisconsinite after all. Clint Black's "Nothin' but the Taillights" came on when I started my car--and I couldn't help but wonder if I am indeed a redneck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tedicast Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL You might be a redneck, if................. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL I must admit I cut my teeth on Miller products, but my brother turned me on to Bud in college, and nowdays it's my favorite domestic. Oh, BTW--yes, you are a redneck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BIG_BUCK_1 Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL yea you are a redneck lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL Guess maybe so Mark. On the rare occasions I drink beer anymore, I still do prefer MGD over bud any day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL Looks like a redneck, talks like a redneck, but there is only one way to find out if you are a true redneck You walk into the beer store and get your six-pack, dressed in your finest hunting apparel . Upon leaving the store you spot a guy to your left outside the store, grabbing a ladies purse and he is headed straight your way ....do you: 1- pretend you didn't see it and step aside to save your beer. 2- put your foot out to trip him on the way by, so as not to drop your beer. 3- wait until he is almost running past you, drop your beer, step out in front of him and drop him in his tracks. If your answer was #1, you are not, nor never will be a redneck, even though you may look like one. If your answer was #2, there is hope for you, but you are lacking in redneck savy. If your answer was #3, Yep...yer a redneck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowtechTurkeyHunter Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL LOL deffinately a redneck... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tedicast Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL [ QUOTE ] Redneck- A glorified absence of sophistication!! -jeff foxworthy [/ QUOTE ] I like that!!! Fits me perfectly! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bexar_county89 Posted September 5, 2005 Report Share Posted September 5, 2005 Re: An epiphany...LOL o.k. the fact that you used epiphany, means that your still on the edge but your dangerously close to tipping the scale Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.