Hoyt03 Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 nope shoot bemans ics with spitfires and have gotten pass thrus on every deer I shot except one and thats b/c of the angle and where it tried to come out at. I think if your shooting the right arrow weight to match your poundage you should be fine Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads No issues here. BTW, welcome aboard the Realtree forums birdman32. Why don't you stop by the Lounge and introduce yourself to everyone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitrrophybowhunter Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads Should be fine with the correct spine! and welcome Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted October 8, 2005 Report Share Posted October 8, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads nope--not at all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest madabouthuntin Posted October 9, 2005 Report Share Posted October 9, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads Using Beman ICS Hunters and ShockWaves by NAP, I shattered the front leg on the way out of a deer. So, I would have to say no to the question. The bone was shattered with only 63 lb pull on a PSE Nova. Steve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HeviShot Posted October 9, 2005 Report Share Posted October 9, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads I shot my 1st deer the other night.I use Easton 340 and NAP shockwave's.I took out 2 ribs on both side's.My arrow was laying 8 to 10 yards passed where she was standing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Master_Chief Posted October 9, 2005 Report Share Posted October 9, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads I use Goldtip XT 5575 and spitfires. I have around 55 lbs of KE and that is plenty. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adjam5 Posted October 9, 2005 Report Share Posted October 9, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads I shoot really thin carbon shafts Beman ICS Hunter 380-16's topped with a 100gr Shockwave. Never not had good penetration or complete pass thrus. What you give up in weight with the alu, you make up in velocity with the carbon. Good luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shockwave Posted October 9, 2005 Report Share Posted October 9, 2005 Re: carbon arrows and mechanical broadheads I`ve been using carbons and mechanicals for about 10 yrs. now with nothing but positive things to say.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.