Shaun_300 Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 The back corner of my mouth has been annoying me for the past few weeks... like something is there that wasn't there before... I just went downstairs to grab some chips before bed, and finally decided to look into the back of my mouth to see what is causing this because it struck me that it might be a wisdom tooth coming in. Sure enough... the right lower wisdom tooth is coming in! And it also feels like the upper left is in too. I can't quite see it in the mirror because I can't get a good angle to look at it. But it feels the same as the other one does. Hopefully I take after my dad, he's 46 years old and he STILL has his wisdom teeth! But the dentist did tell me the last time I was in for a check-up that they are a lot easier to get out sooner rather than later. If I get them out later, there'll be a lot more "digging" in able to get them out.... that makes me shiver just thinkin' about it. On second thoughts... maybe I'll get them out soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Have fun gettin that dude out! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted October 13, 2005 Author Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! [ QUOTE ] Have fun gettin that dude out! [/ QUOTE ] Yeah it'll be a thrill! The dentist better make sure he knocks me out good! Or I might not be the only one that loses some teeth. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinsonovagun Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I just had mine pulled back in august....Not too big of an ordeal. But within the last week or so, there has been a little bump on the inside portion of my gums on my lower right side. Not sure if it's a bone chip in my skin or what, but it kinda bothers me... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tedicast Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I had my 2 upper removed a couple years ago. Wasn't all that big of a deal. Took a little over an hour for both of them. I still have my lowers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Master_Chief Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Mine was a big deal. Not enough time to go into that. You should be fine. They have come along way since '80 when I got mine done. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MCH Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Got mine done in 93. Two at a time with no knockout gas! About killed me... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntn4bucks Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out at the same time. I had it done in the morning and felt pretty bad that afternoon but the next day I was fine. I would get them taken out if I were you...you'll be glad you did. JMO. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Michiganbowhunter_SQ2 Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! had all 4 removed when i was 18...they weren't fully in yet...wasn't a big deal... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I have to have all 4 pulled pretty soon. They are all in completely. I am nervous as all get out. I hate going to the dentist. And I have NEVER been put to sleep before. Seems to me they would be easier to remove once they are all the way in than having to cut through gum to DIG down and extract them. UGH.......it's making me sick just thinking about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Squirrelhunter91 Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Does everybody get wisdom teeth? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! My bottom 2 are impacted and my top 2 need to be pulled as well. Dentist wants $450 per tooth. Oral surgeon wants $2300. Just don't have that kind of money to spend right now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I had it done, not as big of a deal as some make. Just try to get a referal to a good dentist and you'll be o.k. What's that old saying.......be true to your teeth or they'll be false with you......... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Why get them out at all? If they're not hurting anything, why bother? I know they mess up the job the braces do if you had them, but they don't necessarily have to be pulled I don't think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! [ QUOTE ] Why get them out at all? If they're not hurting anything, why bother? I know they mess up the job the braces do if you had them, but they don't necessarily have to be pulled I don't think. [/ QUOTE ] Mine came in just fine on the bottom. Up top they are slightly angled. I had braces when I was younger so I don't want them to screw up all that pain and agony I went through. Besides, the dentist said that wisdom teeth are hard to clean and most likely will get cavities in them despite your best efforts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GobblerBuster618 Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! hahah i believe mine are coming in as well! the denist wants to take them out!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
archerjg Posted October 13, 2005 Report Share Posted October 13, 2005 Re: Figured it out! I had all four of mine pulled out at once two years ago with no problems. Didn't feel a thing even after the meds wore off. Good luck in getting them pulled out. Archerjg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted October 14, 2005 Report Share Posted October 14, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Fortunately have not really had any problems with my wisdom teeth other than pushing my lower front teeth together making them a little crooked. Kind od wish I had of had mine pulled when they suggested pulling them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ultratec1 Posted October 14, 2005 Report Share Posted October 14, 2005 Re: Figured it out! The military deemed it necassary for me to have all 4 of mine pulled before I went overseas. They knocked me out, no cost to me and I had a pinch of cope in 3 days later. Thank goodness. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted October 14, 2005 Report Share Posted October 14, 2005 Re: Figured it out! Had mine yanked when I was 16. No problems since. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted October 15, 2005 Report Share Posted October 15, 2005 Re: Figured it out! everyone gets wisdom teeth sooner or later. sooner is better. i had all mine out at once, and wow! it almost killed me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.