Guest mastinson Posted October 16, 2005 Report Share Posted October 16, 2005 Is there such thing as a truley non corrosive powder? I currently use I used to used pyrodex and I now use American Pioneer but i'm still not happy with it. Is this Black Mag 3 truley non corrosive or is it just easier to clean? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest RandyWakeman Posted October 16, 2005 Report Share Posted October 16, 2005 Re: Powders Sure there is-- but you need a Savage 10ML-II to use it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest mastinson Posted October 16, 2005 Report Share Posted October 16, 2005 Re: Powders Okay let me rephrase that, black powder substites. And no i'm not going to shoot smokeless powder from a Savage. I have already heard what can happen with combination. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJ Posted October 17, 2005 Report Share Posted October 17, 2005 Re: Powders [ QUOTE ] I have already heard what can happen with combination. [/ QUOTE ] What can happen with combination? Smokeless powder is perfectly safe in the proper gun. All of the powder you can shoot from most muzzleloaders is corrosove, hygroscopic (gathers moisture, causing rust), and nasty on guns. Pyrodex seems to be the worst. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.