Ford Ranger


Guest Bowhunter2114

Recommended Posts

Guest Bowhunter2114

What milage you guys up to???

Might be buying a Ford Ranger with 200,000miles. The truck looks like it is almost brand new! All I need is an exhaust and clutch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: Ford Ranger

I use to have a nice little stepside ranger. Its basically a toy. They lack power and have NO room. The gas does pretty good. If I remember I was getting low 20's. However, unless youre getting it for a steal I wouldnt buy anything with 200k. The mileage will plumit for one.

I had a 1997 F150 for years. I racked up TONS of miles. It had the v6. It was running about 17-18mpg. I later upgraded to a newer F150 with the 5.4 V8 and I figured it would really eat my lunch. Turns out it gets the same or better.

If youre getting a steal on the truck thats one thing but I couldnt touch it with that many miles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Bowhunter2114

Re: Ford Ranger

$1000. Like I said the mileage is its downfall. The truck is well kept. I am looking for it to get me through a couple of months (1 year) till I build up my credit and get a loan. (I turn 18 in Feb). I figured if I could get away with buying exhaust and clutch I will do so. Maybe I will get lucking and have one of those high milage rangers. I have heard of a lot of them getting 300,000 miles before major repair, I understand this is not likely though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.