ladydiehard Posted October 31, 2005 Report Share Posted October 31, 2005 I was out with the shotgun for the early WI T-Zone (antlerless hunt) the last 4 days. I posted about my success on the deer hunting thread and will be posting more details in my journal as time permits. However, I wanted to share some observations of interest to bowhunters. First of all, I observed bucks chasing does like crazy! Does came running with mouths hangin open from running. I saw at least 5 different bucks and they were thick necked already. I also heard bucks sparring and grunting...not real aggressively but sparring non the less. I also have a new hot spot for bowhunting in the next couple weeks before the regular gun season cuts loose here. One of my hunting partners found it while making a drive and since he bow hunts some too in another part of the state, he noticed a perfect set up near a bedding area. He was so excited that he offered me one of his stands so that I wouldn't have to move one of my others. Hope to get this new stand set up this weekend and then give it a whirl next week. Right now everything is spooked anyway because of the 4 days of bangin. So it won't hurt to wait a bit. The set up is near some pines with a nice big oak on one end. The deer bed under the pines and in the marsh grass that surrounds the pines. My partner said there are some nice natural lanes to shoot through in the pines but shooting in the tall marsh grass could be a bit tricky. I'm exicited and ready to go check this out RIGHT NOW! But I have to work...at least for a few days. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Master_Chief Posted October 31, 2005 Report Share Posted October 31, 2005 Re: Observations & New Hot Spot! Sounds like a good setup. Good luck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hoyt03 Posted October 31, 2005 Report Share Posted October 31, 2005 Re: Observations & New Hot Spot! sounds awesome. I would try to hang that stand right now if you could then let things rest in there completely untill your ready to hunt Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.