ksdeerhunter03 Posted November 14, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: Kansas Hunters.... Hey guys, sorry I havent updated. I shot a buck on friday morning that was in the 170's, unfortunately he decided to take a step as I released, and I hit him behind the lungs, above the liver. So, basically he got a hole in him that wont kill him. I knew I hit him back, and watched him walk about 300 yards. I shot him at 7:15, and jumped him at 12 noon, there was a spot of blood the size of a quarter, and he was hauling away, so I think he will be fine. Last night was the last day I could hunt until after rifle season, so I stuck an old 8 point that needed to come out of the herd anyway. The bucks are running HARD! If you are hunting, find the does, the bucks will be there. Brad Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest tarbaby Posted November 14, 2005 Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: Kansas Hunters.... All I saw this past weekend was two lonesome does sat. morning... A doe and a little one sun. morning that looked like they have been running awhile cause they were both breathin hard.. and sun. night nothing untill i was walkin out and saw a little half racked buck... is it just bad luck or does activity seem to be slowed a bit... I'm thinkin (bad mistake) that this next weekend should be awesome cause all week up here it's supposed to be in the 20's and 30's at night and not over 50 during the day... havin two days a week to hunt is killing me... think rattlin well still work next weekend along with some doe in estrous scents.... i'm out of ideas... whats the midday activity lookin like in ur areas? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ksdeerhunter03 Posted November 14, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: Kansas Hunters.... I think you can catch a big buck still seeking hot does, I would guess that you can still rattle one in, try to rattle between 10-2 as that is real productive later on. Keep us posted! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest kscumminsdriver Posted November 14, 2005 Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: Kansas Hunters.... Driving back to Wichita this morning I saw 2 bucks crossing open cultivated fields. Too far from the road to get an idea on rack size but could see bone from the road so they were probably decent deer. I think this week will see a peak in rutting action... the temps will be ideal for daytime deer activity. I'll be hunting again over Thanksgiving. I actually rattled in the biggest buck I've ever seen on Thanksgiving 2001. I was already tagged out but was scouting for my brother and rattled in a 190 class 10 point. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ksdeerhunter03 Posted November 14, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: Kansas Hunters.... I think that the peak will be today or tomorrow. They were really chasing sunday morning, but the big ones were not to be seen real good yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.