captkb44 Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 The game trail camera has been working overtime here lately with all the activity at the feeder. The hogs have been on the move. Here is a SMALL sample of what we have been seeing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Dang! There's defenitly no shortage of hogs down there! We don't have any up here, I guess its too cold for them in the winter. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gus Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Nice pic If the weather will ever cool down they might start moving in the daytime, but they are still moving at night on my place also. So I guess I will just have to let the traps do the work for me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Texan_Til_I_Die Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Hey, does the PVC on the legs work for varmint guards? I've heard of using that, but I've never tried it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
captkb44 Posted November 9, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Thats what I have been told Texan, but I have never tried it. I need to as bad as the raccoons are here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Texan_Til_I_Die Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas I thought that was what I was seeing in the picture??? Maybe it's posts driven in at an angle? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest lilbuckmaster Posted November 9, 2005 Report Share Posted November 9, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas nice pic of the pigs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
captkb44 Posted November 10, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 10, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Those are T-Line post driven in next to the legs and then wired together to keep the hogs from turning the feeders over. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shockwave Posted November 10, 2005 Report Share Posted November 10, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas go down there with your spotlight and a semi auto, and make some bacon.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BIG_BUCK_1 Posted November 11, 2005 Report Share Posted November 11, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas quit a few hogs there Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted November 12, 2005 Report Share Posted November 12, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Occasionally someone will spot a hog up here. MMMM Bacon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Squirrelhunter91 Posted November 13, 2005 Report Share Posted November 13, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Gotta love the bacon! lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted November 13, 2005 Report Share Posted November 13, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas you need to get a live trap set up for those porkers! todd Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
captkb44 Posted November 13, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 13, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Dogdoc, we are doing that today. All day yesterday we saw hogs - in the wheat fields, under the feeders, and just out roaming around. Since I won't be looking for a buck on this place anymore this year, I am thinking of taking my bow with me this evening and see if I can't stick a big fat sow for the freezer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cutter Posted November 14, 2005 Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Wheres the BEEF! just kiddin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
captkb44 Posted November 14, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Well my buddy with the traps wasn't able to get away this evening, so we just headed out to see what was moving. At 4:50pm a group of hogs came up to the feeder and I couldn't resist any longer. Due to the high winds I left the bow at home. I put the crosshairs on a good 80 lb gilt and it was all over. Having some breakfast sausage made with this one. Since it was so early, my Dad and son kept hunting while I took her up to the barn and field dressed her - forgot about taking any pictures. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest chigger1 Posted November 14, 2005 Report Share Posted November 14, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas congrats capt you gonna send me some of that sausage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rbduck Posted November 15, 2005 Report Share Posted November 15, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Hey Shaun, we have hogs in Manitoba now(ferral). There is no season on them, open all year round....no limits. no licence just shoot em. The govn. only wants to know what part of the province they were shot in. Not quite as many as in Texas though Ron Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted November 16, 2005 Report Share Posted November 16, 2005 Re: No Shortage of Bacon in Texas Oh to have my old M-16, a full magazine and be able to flip up to full automatic, lol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.