maddhunter Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 You know you would think you could trust fellow hunters not to mess with your stuff but I guess not. I had my Doghouse blind set up for me and my kids to hunt out of this rifle season. I shot a good buck on a friends land Sat. evening so I was going to take it down Tues. morning. I got to where it was suposed to be only to find it and both chairs gone!!!!!!!!!! It is atleast 1 mile to the nearest road from where it was. So to replace it and the chairs it will cost me atleast $150. And thats money I don't have. I got the blind on sale at Bass Pro's catalog store for $60 minus $20 from my rewards card. And the chairs I got on sale online at Bass Pro for $19.95 a piece. They were the nice, heavy chairs with a bunch of pockets on the side and 2 cup holders. We used them mostly for soccer and baseball games. I hunt on 40acres of private land thats borders my familly and a friend's land. The blind was only 30 yrds from the fence line. Man I better not find out who got it or even worse catch them in the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next person who steals something of mine out of the woods will get a big suprise. A bear trap should do the trick Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
IowaDeerHunter Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing worse than having something stolen off your land. Cameras, stnads, anything. keep and eye out you just never know when you might catch them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Texan_Til_I_Die Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bad, but I think you're being generous when you call them "hunters". I'll bet you anything that the person(s) that took your stuff will also violate the game laws if they get an opportunity. Might as well call them slobs and get it over with! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maddhunter Posted November 23, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya calling them hunters isn't the words I should of used, more like scumbags!!!!! I was telling my wife yesterday that they probably don't buy tags or wear the proper orange, after all they are trespassing anyhow. I've got an Outhouse blind that I bought when they first came out. I think I'll put it up in the same area and boobytrap the heck out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
shockwave Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do i see a bugs bunny cartoon about to happen, your not gonna rig a shotgun up or anything are you ? we have a treestand theif in our area, so far he stolen 3 loc-ons, and a ladder stand, all in a 2 mile radius Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Xen Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sucks sorry to hear that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
spcfoor Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just be careful. If you **** trap and someone gets hurt you can and probably will be prosecuted. Even though they were stealing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinsonovagun Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ QUOTE ] Just be careful. If you **** trap and someone gets hurt you can and probably will be prosecuted. Even though they were stealing. [/ QUOTE ] Just make sure they're not alive to sue....shoot to kill!!! jk....in a way................. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
6sixpoint_nobrows Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah thats not fair at all, i would set up a bear trap....to be honest with you, i would just make sure that your kids or somebody doesnt go out there and get in it going to the stand or something....i hope you find your blind, hopefully you dont hurt them too bad...lol... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maddhunter Posted November 23, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ QUOTE ] why do i see a bugs bunny cartoon about to happen, your not gonna rig a shotgun up or anything are you ? [/ QUOTE ] Now that is funny No, I was thinking more along the lines of traps. It is legal to trap here and if the area is posted for trapping and a trespaser gets his leg or foot in one, I don't see how I would be liable Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hoosierbuck Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you guys are joking and venting, but with regards to **** traps...Read Katco v. Briney, this is the seminal case on this kind of thing, also known as the Iowa Spring Gun Case. Guy sets spring loaded shotgun up in unoccupied house that has been continuously looted, and shoots off thief's foot. Letter of law: you can not defend property alone with deadly force. HB Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest buckifan21 Posted November 23, 2005 Report Share Posted November 23, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is horrible news. I am sorry to hear that. I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" take comfort in knowing that these scumbags will get theirs one way or another... even if you dont know or hear about it, they will eventually get what they deserve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
double_drop Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sucks doesn't suprise me anymore though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ousoonerfan22 Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry to hear that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bowhtr1 Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel for ya. If you have a game cam you may want to set it up where you think they may be coming from. Set the camera to daytime pictures only so they dont find it if they come by at night. They will take the camera also if they see the flash. Set it up high or hide it well. I had one on a logging road hanging upside down on a overhanging limb. Dont put it by your stand or they may find it. You want a spot that they will just be walking through. I hope you get the thief. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bowhunter56 Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As i read in another site, nothing should suprise us anymore, mothers kill their children, kids are kidnapped or molested. Society has gone down hill, hunters are not a brotherhood any more, there are thieves everywhere, even in the woods....Yes, it's a shame. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That really stinks. Thieves in my book rank right down there at the bottom with the poachers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stinger-Hunter Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ QUOTE ] Thieves in my book rank right down there at the bottom with the poachers. [/ QUOTE ] Same group Same People Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry to hear that. i hate a theif Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted November 24, 2005 Report Share Posted November 24, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your blind and chairs Dwin. Seems to me you have scumbags in your area. Set-up another blind, get a game camera and catch them and show the evidence to the police. Best camera to catch a thief is the new Penn Woods, even if they see the camera and steal it, once it snaps a picture, within 1 minute it sends the picture to your email or cell phone. Catch those scumbags in the act!! Sorry again buddy, I hate thieves, they are the lowlifes of the hunting woods, right next to the scumbag poacher. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scumbag, slob hunters....sorry to hear that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beagleboy Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the theft. I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mirage Posted November 25, 2005 Report Share Posted November 25, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sucks bad, hey the doghouse blind is on sale at bass pro right now for 49.99 and chairs the fold up style that are real comfortable are 5 dollars each might want to get over there if possibble Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maddhunter Posted November 26, 2005 Author Report Share Posted November 26, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up on the sale Mirage!!! I will have to put that on my Christmas list Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruttinbuc Posted November 26, 2005 Report Share Posted November 26, 2005 Re: DARN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is coming to the point of not being able to leave anything in the woods. It really sucks to have to deal with this crap from these lowlife scum. The trouble with dealing with them on your terms would get you in more trouble than they would be if caught. Its not fair. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.