Smitteken Posted December 8, 2005 Author Report Share Posted December 8, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy [ QUOTE ] Not trying to hijack the thread here, but, I was thinking about an earlier thread about outside the ears antler restrictions. Now, with this deer in mind, under those types of restrictions, it would be real hard to determine in the time it takes to decide sometimes. If you notice in the first pic, those antlers just barely go past the ears. I guess it would depend on which angle the ears are at. This just proves though the ear-antler restriction would be a bad choice. [/ QUOTE ] Man what a jerk , hijacking my thread on my birthday. JUST KIDDING!! I was thinking the same thing. Where I was hunting stuff is so thick I had only a few seconds to decide if he was a shooter. It was broadside the entire time, I judged by antler height that this was a shooter. In all honesty I thought he was bigger or at least wider. This deer probably wouldn't have gotten much wider either. But in a few years would have been very tall. I'm guessing hes a 2.5 year old deer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted December 8, 2005 Report Share Posted December 8, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy Yeah the guy that passes that up because the antlers don't go out beyond its ears needs help. LOL!! I'm not passing one like your buck up, he just decided to go up instead of out!! LOL!! Great buck!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mach1 Posted December 8, 2005 Report Share Posted December 8, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy Nice deer and dog. Now start training that dog to retrieve some waterfowl and not be gun shy like our lab at home. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cutter Posted December 8, 2005 Report Share Posted December 8, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy nice buck andgreat lookin dog Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy Congrats very nice buck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hobie Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy Nice buck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy Nice buck. Congratulations. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beagleboy Posted December 9, 2005 Report Share Posted December 9, 2005 Re: My IL 9 pointer and puppy great pic. congrats on the deer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.