Tominator Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 I evened the score today. I took my son out with the .22 yesterday hoping to find a sitting rabbit for him. Well, we flushed 2 roosters eating the broom corn I planted for them (love it when a plan comes together) Well, I just helplessly watched as they presented easy shots and flew away. Today though, I walked my neighbor's field line, flushed one rabbit, then decided to head to the broom corn again. No luck, but I did cut a fresh track heading for the soybeans I planted for the wildlife. I looked ahead and saw that the tracks got fresher and started running toward the thick stuff, so I moved to cut him off, and sure enough, up he goes on my left about 30 yards out. Pow! One shot from the Benelli and a load of Winchester Mag. #6, dropped him. I rushed over to find him flopping with a couple pellets in the right wing, and 2 or 3 right in the head. Nice mature bird, 1/2" spurs, and a 22 1/2" tail on him. It's almost a shame to clean these birds up and eat them. They are so beautiful. I decided to pluck the feathers instead of skinning him, just in case I decide to deep fry or smoke him. Haven't decided yet. No pellets went in any of the meat. It was fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 It always seems to work out that way you see what your not hunting for when your huting somethin else. Really nice bird good shootin. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
6sixpoint_nobrows Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 hey reak nice looking bird there, congrats...looks like some good eats there Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 Nice bird Chris! Was it cold out there yesterday? [ QUOTE ] It's almost a shame to clean these birds up and heat them. [/ QUOTE ] I agree 110%, forget the heating! I like to leave the feathers on them and throw them on the dinner plate immediately. My family is not much for my table-fare presentation, usually I am the only one eating........ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RDNKHNTR77 Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 [ QUOTE ] I agree 110%, forget the heating! I like to leave the feathers on them and throw them on the dinner plate immediately. My family is not much for my table-fare presentation, usually I am the only one eating........ [/ QUOTE ] good luck with that tom lol, ill take mine plucked and deep fried Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
too_pointer Posted December 11, 2005 Report Share Posted December 11, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 Good job Chris Should be tasty !!! Mike Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dogdoc Posted December 18, 2005 Report Share Posted December 18, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 gotta love those head shots! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrud Posted December 18, 2005 Report Share Posted December 18, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 Were you cold? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted December 18, 2005 Author Report Share Posted December 18, 2005 Re: Hunter 1, Pheasant 1 [ QUOTE ] Were you cold? [/ QUOTE ] A bit. Temps were in the 20's. After 3 surgeries on my neck, I have to keep it warm or it spasms, and that hurts. ohiobucks can attest, I always have something wrapped around my neck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.