Smitteken Posted December 27, 2005 Report Share Posted December 27, 2005 My Aunt/godmother got me a remote starter kit for my truck for christmas. I was pumped because I had planned on getting one anyways. I got to wondering if these will void the warranty on my truck. I have a 2005 F-150 with the 100K warranty and would hate to void it. Does anyone know or have experiance with these? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted December 27, 2005 Report Share Posted December 27, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit I have one on my Dakota and Jeep Liberty -- they were installed by the dealership when I purchased the vehicals,so I don't think that they void your warrenty. I wouldn't have a vehical without one now -- no scraping windshields and always warm when you get in Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alisha Posted December 27, 2005 Report Share Posted December 27, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit What's with you guys, don't you enjoy having to go outside and freeze to death while cleaning your vehicle off? Smitteken... if I were you, I'd contact your dealership and take it up with them and possibly get it in writing that it wouldn't void your warrenty? I'm not sure if that's possible but it'd be a nice safety net to have if something did happen, ya know? Anyway, good luck with it...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BuckNrut Posted December 27, 2005 Report Share Posted December 27, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit [ QUOTE ] My Aunt/godmother [/ QUOTE ] I need to slow down. I thought you wrote "Aunt/Grandmogher". Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted December 28, 2005 Report Share Posted December 28, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit Not sure about voiding the warranty. I had the dealership install mine on my Ram when I purchased it. Man...I love it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted December 28, 2005 Report Share Posted December 28, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit Wouldnt think it would void the warranty. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newarcher Posted December 28, 2005 Report Share Posted December 28, 2005 Re: Remote Starter Kit Check your warranty contract....it most likely would void it. Most warranties .... especially third party warranties .... are useless. Change the tire size, void the contract. Put on certain stereo stuff, void the warranty. I would be willing to bet that your contract has language in there that would void the warranty. I found that if you take it to the dealer for repair....assuming it was a large repair....many warranty companies will send out an inspector looking for ways to deny the claim. I bought my last extended warranty because they have worded the contracts in such a way as to deny claims. My warranty company denied my transmission claim because a snap ring failed and tore it up big time. Full replacement. Well, it seems they changed the contract after I bought mine to deny snap rings. They still tried it but I whipped out the contract and said "show me where it isn't covered". The other gotcha of the warranties is that they say "like kind and similar quality" which is an industry buzzword for used parts. Blow a tranny with 60K mile on it, you get a used one with 60K miles on it. CRAP, real crap. But check yours, I am certain it will have language in there. Don't trust the word of anyone, read the contract. New Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.