hoyt_hunter Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Who will go turkey huntin with their bow in the spring? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey Not with my bow but with the 12 gauge. This will only be my second year turkey hunting period. Not gotten one tho darn. But im working on it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigbucks Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey i would love to if i get the chance!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gus Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey I am going to try again this year. The last couple of years I have came close, but no bow bird yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HitRmisS Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey i might have to give it a try this year because we have just started ti see some turkeys at our lease the last couple of years Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ricfirefighter Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey i will be trying again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
iabow Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey Oh ya, second year. Last year had 1 tom at 3 yds beside me, spitting and drumming. Then another time one at 10yds and a hen on the other side of my tree. All with no blind. I did get a shot at a big boy a different time at 20 yds, but the broadhead never opened. Looked all day never found him. Thinking of trying those head choopers this year for that reason. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rayzorp Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey [ QUOTE ] I am going to try again this year. The last couple of years I have came close, but no bow bird yet. [/ QUOTE ] Same here,, can't wait,, Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey I have been thinking about it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rockefeller66 Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey I think I am, I am for sure bringing my bow but I want to video my little sister shoot her first bird then what time is left of the weekend I am going after my bird so if there is enough time I'll bowhunt otherwise it is the old trusty Mossberg 835! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PAbowhunter86 Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey I have been spring turkey hunting for 7 years now an havent gotten a bird. Depending on how much pratice I can get in I may just try my bow this year. I mean even if I miss whats another year without a turkey. I just enjoy the sounds of them in the distance and the way the woods comes alive on a cool May moring. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kooter Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey i will start off with my bow this year but if can't close the deal the ol TC encore 12 guage is coming out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest TheDeerHunter Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey I'd like to try to get one this year with my bow. But I'll have my shot gun with me just in case. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
willfish03 Posted January 4, 2006 Report Share Posted January 4, 2006 Re: spring turkey opening day i use my bow,than i get out the 12 guage. haven't got a tom yet but got good film of some coming in. with a small tripod its easy to video tape turkey hunts Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fenderhunt4 Posted January 5, 2006 Report Share Posted January 5, 2006 Re: spring turkey I am going to try with a bow for the first time this season. I will proabably bag my first gobbler with a shotgun first...that way I can take the pressure off of not having an turkey at all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HeviShot Posted January 5, 2006 Report Share Posted January 5, 2006 Re: spring turkey I am going to try it.I just don't know if I will be able to draw back my bow.A big ole Tom just shakes me up.That is why I love turkey hunting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mach1 Posted January 5, 2006 Report Share Posted January 5, 2006 Re: spring turkey I will be out with my bow this year. I got a pop-up blind for Christmas so I could go after longberds with my bow. Should be fun whether I get one or not. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VtBowhunter Posted January 5, 2006 Report Share Posted January 5, 2006 Re: spring turkey For the past 2 seasons I've only hunted turkeys with the bow........It's awesome, and you don't blow the first 2 birds away quickly, so you get to hunt longer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.