spring turkey


hoyt_hunter

Recommended Posts

Re: spring turkey

Oh ya, second year. Last year had 1 tom at 3 yds beside me, spitting and drumming. Then another time one at 10yds and a hen on the other side of my tree. All with no blind.

I did get a shot at a big boy a different time at 20 yds, but the broadhead never opened. Looked all day never found him. Thinking of trying those head choopers this year for that reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: spring turkey

I have been spring turkey hunting for 7 years now an havent gotten a bird. Depending on how much pratice I can get in I may just try my bow this year. I mean even if I miss whats another year without a turkey. I just enjoy the sounds of them in the distance and the way the woods comes alive on a cool May moring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.