tp793 Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 I was listening to the radio today and realized that I had goosebumps from the song that was playing. Does anyone else get this way? I mean, like say you are at a hard point in your life and then a song comes on that just seems to be made for you? The song that was playing was Kenny Chesney's "who you'd be today" and because of the recent deaths in my community, it really got me kinda sad, and also Brad Paisley's "when i get where i'm going," that one also gets me thinking. I dunno, maybe I'm weird, but there just seems like there are some songs that give me chills, or get me thinking a lot. Anyone else get this way? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Yea there are some songs that just get to me. One i dont know why but every time i here it it gets me thinking If somthing should happen that one just always makes me think if i here it somewhere. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest huntinsanobsession Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? the one that always gets to me is christmas shoes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinsonovagun Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? George Straight's "You'll be There" does it for me. I think mainly because it came out about the time my grandma passed away. I remember hearing it on the way back from the funeral. I think it was one of God's signs of comfort in a difficult time.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest AllArmyoutdoorsSD Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? It seems like Country music has a nack for going straight to the heart, There are quite a few songs that make me think. Letters from home, streets of heaven, best I ever had, help pour out the rain...I could go on and on. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Master_Chief Posted January 30, 2006 Report Share Posted January 30, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA does it for me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bowhunter56 Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? I lost the love of my life 2 years ago, she did not die,she said she was tired of me, the song that gets to me, by Faith Hill, Like we never loved at all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJ Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Ted Nugent's Fred Bear song gets to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VtBowhunter Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? George Jones - He Stopped Lovin' Her Today.........it was played at my grandpa's funeral. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? yep. it's called the national anthem. gets me ever time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tedicast Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? [ QUOTE ] Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA does it for me. [/ QUOTE ] The radio station I listen to in the morning played that song while I was driving to work, the day after 9/11. I almost had to pull over I choked up so bad. Since that day that song gets me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MCH Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Randy Travis' "I thought he walked on water". Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Oh yeah. I think that's what the artists want. Music is, or should be a very strong influence on your life. One that is guaranteed to choke me up is Christmas Lullaby. [ QUOTE ] Are you far away from home This dark and lonely night Tell me what best would help To ease your mind Someone to give Direction for this unfamiliar road Or one who says, follow me and I Will lead you home. How beautiful How precious The Savior of all To love so Completely The loneliest soul How gently How tenderly He says to one and all, child you can follow me and I will lead you home, Trust me and follow me And I will lead you home. Be near me, Lord Jesus I ask thee to stay Close by me forever And love me I pray Bless all the dear children In thy tender care And take us to heaven To live with thee there Take us to heaven To live with thee there [/ QUOTE ] I want that played at my funeral for obvious reasons. Chokes me up just reading it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MUDRUNNER Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Ever since my dad died in 99,The dance by Garth and Please Remember Me by Tim McGraw have kinda done that to me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
leatherneck Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Just look at you Girl by Chris Ledeux May he rest in peace, one of the last real cowboy singers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jbeck Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Amazing Grace, My daughter singing Jesus Loves Me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whttlbucksteve Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? That song "THE DOLLAR" about a boy who wants to buy some time with his dad. Gets me every time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? [ QUOTE ] That song "THE DOLLAR" about a boy who wants to buy some time with his dad. Gets me every time [/ QUOTE ] You beat me to it............that song makes me water up. There are many songs that give me goose bumps. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Recently it's been the one by Brad Paisley " When I Get Where I'm Going" it makes me think of my grandparents that have passed away. The National Anthem........it comes on everyday on a lot of the country stations here at noon. If I try to sing along.......I choke up near the end. ( The acapella version by Little Texas) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Amazing Grace usually brings a tear or two to my eyes. The song means a lot to me personally. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gator Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? American Soldier, Been there Done that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okbowman Posted January 31, 2006 Report Share Posted January 31, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? One More Day by Diamond Rio Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rockefeller66 Posted February 1, 2006 Report Share Posted February 1, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? Ya, We Are the Champions by Queen gets me everytime, we won the state championship in football my senior year and I started C, we were 4th in the nation and it was something i'll never forget! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
unioncountyslayer Posted February 1, 2006 Report Share Posted February 1, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? If George Jones' "He stopped loving her today" is played at your funeral you must have been a...J/K I kid, I kid. Mine would be Vince Gill's "Go Rest High on that Mountain" that he wrote for his brother. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mandyjo62 Posted February 1, 2006 Report Share Posted February 1, 2006 Re: Songs that get ya? ok here's a first^^not a country song!!! Wake Me Up when September Ends by Greenday!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.