tallone Posted November 15, 2004 Report Share Posted November 15, 2004 I have a question for you. I have been invited to hunt a farm in Talbot County by my future father-in-law and was looking at the week of Thanksgiving. Will the rut be going good then? How is the deer population? He said they have been seeing some large racked deer and promises me to see at least 50 deer a day, is it that good there? I do good to see 50 deer ALL SEASON here including scouting and driving around! there is two place we will hunt and I know one is by Easton. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whitetailkiller Posted November 16, 2004 Report Share Posted November 16, 2004 Re: Question for Maryland hunters talbot county is loaded with deer!!!!!! you lucky******* kidding but boy do i envy you!!!!!! two days later the 27th is our modern firearms opener!!!!!!! rut will be on ..........some guys get all the luck..i would love to get an oppertunity to hunt talbot county!!!!! have fun and bring a camera i wanna see some pics!!!!!!! i know some guys that lease land in talbot county, but they can't let any newcomers hunt it!!!!!!! if the pics they have showed me come from talbot county there are some big deer there and lots of them!!!!!!!! you are so lucky!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tallone Posted November 16, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 16, 2004 Re: Question for Maryland hunters Is the rut going on there? I'm looking at next week depending on the rut activity Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tallone Posted November 16, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 16, 2004 Re: Question for Maryland hunters Okay live to hunt, I booked a plane ticket, I'm leaving Sunday morning and coming back Friday night. Do you think calling or scent trails would work better? Or both? It looks like I'll be the only one on the property the whole week. I have one more question for anybody that knows.. has anybody ever flown with a climbing stand? will the airlines allow something like that? I will report back when I get home but I'm trying not to get too excited these things never seem to go my way. I freak bilzzard will probably blow in. All I want to do is at least see maybe a 120 class deer (never seen one in the woods) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tallone Posted November 18, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 18, 2004 Re: Question for Maryland hunters I broke down and bought the standing does estrous by code blue, I can't believe I paid that for deer pee I had a friend that went to Illinois last week and said the bucks went crazy over it. I gave up on the climbing stand idea, he said he has stands so we will see what happens. I guess all thats left is getting there. I'm flying out Sunday morning. Thanks for the help! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whitetailkiller Posted November 19, 2004 Report Share Posted November 19, 2004 Re: Question for Maryland hunters i envy you ...i live in maryland too and would love to be in your shoes!!!!!!! good luck have fun and be safe!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.