Smitteken Posted February 25, 2006 Report Share Posted February 25, 2006 I've been a handful of times and am playing pretty good. I consider better than bogey golf good. I just bought a new 2006 Cleveland Launcher. This club is awesome. I'm pretty long off the tee any way but when I played with this club wednesday I was carrying drives 280+. My mishits were still 215+. The front nine was pathetic because I was adjusting to the club and couldn't keep it on the fairway. I shot 59. (Which is the worst I've shot on 9 holes in 6 years) But the back nine I kept my focus hit the crap out of the ball and ended up a with a 39. Talk about improvement. I could have shot better but I missed 2 birdie putts, a 1 foot par putt, and a 30 ft eagle putt. The eagle putt was the result of driving a 300 yd par 4 on the fly. I ended up shooting a 98 which usually I am PO'd about, but the back nine was some of the best golf I've ever played. I can't wait to get back out there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted February 25, 2006 Report Share Posted February 25, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Played "real" golf once this year. We had a warm spell in January and seized the moment to take some customers out. Only played nine, but had a blast. Bogey golf on that day, but usually shooting a few strokes above par. Went to the indoor golf place once this winter. That is where you hit your own clubs into the big screen and the computer simulates you ball flight from there. Not realistic, but fun to swing the club when the snow is flying. Did you end up with the Cleveland Launcher 460? I have the Launcher 400 with an Aldila NV 65 S shaft and love it. Awesome club. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted February 26, 2006 Report Share Posted February 26, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? I wish.....will be to cold here till april to get out....I can not wait! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Smitteken Posted February 26, 2006 Author Report Share Posted February 26, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Ohiobucks, Yeah I got the 460. But I didn't get the shaft upgrade. But I did get a heck of a deal on the club on ebay. It feels like I'm swinging a buick, compared to my old driver. My old driver was a knock off of the original Talormade burner. About 250 cc. Its so sweet to swing this monsterous 460, I can't hit it bad. If anyone is looking for a great driver go with the Cleveland Launcher 460. They are about half the price of the all the other big name clubs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted February 26, 2006 Report Share Posted February 26, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? I have not gone yet! I have been pretty busy working two jobs and all! But I have made it to the Driving range! Been hitting the ball pretty darn solid! Im ready to play I just need to find the time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted February 26, 2006 Report Share Posted February 26, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Wish I could get out...it's been pretty cold up here. I'd like to try that Launcher driver. My brother has an older Cleveland and it's a sweet club. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted February 26, 2006 Report Share Posted February 26, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Not here, there's 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's about -30 with the wind... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AdvantageTimberLou Posted February 27, 2006 Report Share Posted February 27, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? been wanting too but too much snow on the ground, been looking at the sale papers and seeing all the golf deals, can't wait to get out in the spring!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MrWiggely Posted February 27, 2006 Report Share Posted February 27, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Same here I would love to go, but Im still knee deep in snow. Maybe late next month or early april. WIgs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted February 27, 2006 Report Share Posted February 27, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? I can't wait to try these new Hogan irons out: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted February 27, 2006 Report Share Posted February 27, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Rub it in our faces Craig! You get new irons and just have to show them off! I haven't been golfing yet, but am planning on trying to go this week. It is supposed to be in the 70's all week here in North Alabama. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted February 27, 2006 Report Share Posted February 27, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? [ QUOTE ] Ohiobucks, Yeah I got the 460. But I didn't get the shaft upgrade. But I did get a heck of a deal on the club on ebay. It feels like I'm swinging a buick, compared to my old driver. My old driver was a knock off of the original Talormade burner. About 250 cc. Its so sweet to swing this monsterous 460, I can't hit it bad. If anyone is looking for a great driver go with the Cleveland Launcher 460. They are about half the price of the all the other big name clubs. [/ QUOTE ] I actually have of woods that are the Cleveland Launchers. I have the 460 driver with the aldela(? spell) shaft. I also have a 3 and a 5 wood with it. These are some of the most solid hitting woods on the market. The ball will literally fly off the club head! My drives actually gained about 20 yards by switching clubs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Smitteken Posted February 28, 2006 Author Report Share Posted February 28, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? [ QUOTE ] I actually have of woods that are the Cleveland Launchers. I have the 460 driver with the aldela(? spell) shaft. I also have a 3 and a 5 wood with it. These are some of the most solid hitting woods on the market. The ball will literally fly off the club head! My drives actually gained about 20 yards by switching clubs. [/ QUOTE ] I was going to email you to see if you still had those clubs and if they were for sale. But I couldn't pass the deal up on ebay. $169 for brand new 2006 version. I'm looking into new irons now. I like the Ping i5's, Cleveland CG4's, Callaway X-18, and the Nike NDS's. My buddy is an assistant pro at a local course so I'm going up this week to hit some clubs and decide what I like. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
preacherman Posted February 28, 2006 Report Share Posted February 28, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] I actually have of woods that are the Cleveland Launchers. I have the 460 driver with the aldela(? spell) shaft. I also have a 3 and a 5 wood with it. These are some of the most solid hitting woods on the market. The ball will literally fly off the club head! My drives actually gained about 20 yards by switching clubs. [/ QUOTE ] I was going to email you to see if you still had those clubs and if they were for sale. But I couldn't pass the deal up on ebay. $169 for brand new 2006 version. I'm looking into new irons now. I like the Ping i5's, Cleveland CG4's, Callaway X-18, and the Nike NDS's. My buddy is an assistant pro at a local course so I'm going up this week to hit some clubs and decide what I like. [/ QUOTE ] I have the Callaway Irons and like them very well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted February 28, 2006 Report Share Posted February 28, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Hey Finn, those Hogans are almost too purty to hit!! I have the Ping I3 blades, 3-SW, with a Cleveland 588 RTG gap wedge. The Odyssey White Hot #2, and a pair of Hogan Edge CFT hybrids. I was a little leary about the hybrids, but after I hit one of them, I had to have the other. This things are amazing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted March 2, 2006 Report Share Posted March 2, 2006 Re: Who\'s been Golfing? Ohiobucks, Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I love my hybrid. Really feel like I hit more great shots with that club than any other in my bag last year. I'm sold on them. Here's what's in my bag: Titleist 983K driver Taylor Made Ti2 3 wood Hogan 19 degree hybrid Hogan CFT Irons Vokey 52 and 56 degree wedges 34" 2 Ball blade putter Pro V1 balls Just need some warm weather and I'll try this stuff out! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.