Adjam5 Posted April 4, 2006 Report Share Posted April 4, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen Is that common? It is a cool colored lobster. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ODH Posted April 4, 2006 Report Share Posted April 4, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen Cool pic Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
doughboy1956 Posted April 4, 2006 Report Share Posted April 4, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen HERE IS HIS SECOND COUSIN FROM NOVA SCOTIA!!! AND 1,ST, 3,RD AND 4,TH COUSIN Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen maybe crawled in from chernoble... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whttlbucksteve Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen All I will say is melt the butter Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
slugshooter Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen I have heard of blue lobsters and they are very rare. From what I hear, a blue lobster can fetch a pretty hefty price. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alisha Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen I pulled this info off a website after I googled it. Pretty neat.....! Awesome find Justin! Maybe now you should play the lottery since you were lucky enough to find that lil fella! lol Blue lobsters are caused by a genetic defect. Rather than containing the pigments that combine to make a green-brown color, the shell contains only a blue pigment. Genetic defects also cause other strange colorings such as light orange, and patterns such as yellow spots. The blue lobster is very, very rare. Marine scientists believe a genetic condition causes the blue pigmentation, seen in only about one in 2,000,000 lobsters. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest hookedonhunting Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] we cought this one today in one of our traps and I am thinking on getting it mounted [/ QUOTE ] I seriously doubt the color will be preserved by mounting it. Don't waste a good meal [/ QUOTE ] He paints them with an airbrush!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
doughboy1956 Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen [ QUOTE ] maybe crawled in from chernoble... lol [/ QUOTE ] The tar ponds running into Sydney harbour would cause this also. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nosdog2 Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen Looks cool, I would try and mount it. With some butter and lemon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest hoyt_vtec_kid Posted April 5, 2006 Report Share Posted April 5, 2006 Re: the weirdest lobster I have seen LOL... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.