maddhunter Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Ok Okies, if you haven't gotten your aplications in you better do it today. Tomarrow is the last day you can apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine in last night, elk, deer, and turkey Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE I have been kicking it around! I cant make up my mind! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Can hunt elk in OK? Never knew that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE [ QUOTE ] Can hunt elk in OK? Never knew that. [/ QUOTE ] Yea its very limited! If you get drawn you can never draw another tag in your life! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Can hunt elk in OK? Never knew that. [/ QUOTE ] Yea its very limited! If you get drawn you can never draw another tag in your life! [/ QUOTE ] Imagine someday, probably not in my lifetime, it may be the same way here in TN. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Thanks Dwin I totally forgot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinguide Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE ive seen a few very impresive bulls when i was camping at the lake, if i can figure out how to scan a picture then post it i will put it up its prob a mid 300 bull (guessing) in velvet, it walked about 75 yards from our camp. its big Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinguide Posted May 4, 2006 Report Share Posted May 4, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Heres the pic of the elk i saw at lake Spavinaw a few years ago Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okbowman Posted May 5, 2006 Report Share Posted May 5, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE applying today! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted May 5, 2006 Report Share Posted May 5, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Yesterday was the last day........you are too late. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 9, 2006 Report Share Posted May 9, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Ive already applied! That online thing is awesome! Next year will be online only. I put in for..... Elk Pronghorn Deer (Bow and Shotgun) Turkey and quail... Although I have no dog and have never been quail hunting.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gator Posted May 9, 2006 Report Share Posted May 9, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE [ QUOTE ] Yesterday was the last day........you are too late. [/ QUOTE ] Sorry Charlie, but 5 May was the last day. Got mine in at the last minute to, but in my haste forgot to put in for elk. Oh well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinguide Posted May 9, 2006 Report Share Posted May 9, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE hey jeramie if you get the quail, let me know weve got 17 dogs well go sometime, ill guide you shoot. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
elnor Posted May 10, 2006 Report Share Posted May 10, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE I put in for elk, pronghorn, deer, and turkey. Never have been drawn before but my father was drawn for cow elk in 2004 and doe pronghorn in 2005. He's 2 for 2 on the harvesting part, too. Hope to have some luck myself this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
maddhunter Posted May 10, 2006 Author Report Share Posted May 10, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE Good luck on drawing out guys!!!! I'll be checking back around August to see who got drawn out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
okbowman Posted May 10, 2006 Report Share Posted May 10, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE I put in for everything I could, didn't get a thing last year! Building those preference points for the elk though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 11, 2006 Report Share Posted May 11, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE [ QUOTE ] hey jeramie if you get the quail, let me know weve got 17 dogs well go sometime, ill guide you shoot. [/ QUOTE ] Will do man! I love to eat quail but ive never hunted them... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinguide Posted May 11, 2006 Report Share Posted May 11, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE its a blast, we have pointing labs and they make it awesome, also setters, pointers, shorthairs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 11, 2006 Report Share Posted May 11, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE I bet it is. I love to shoot skeet so I guarantee this would be right up my alley! Honestly, id be just as happy about the quail. I love quail meat. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
huntinguide Posted May 11, 2006 Report Share Posted May 11, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE my boss prob has 400 quail in our freezer just left over from last year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted May 11, 2006 Report Share Posted May 11, 2006 Re: OKLAHOMA CONTROLLED HUNTS DEADLINE I would be eating those on a regular basis! If im in a good resturant that has quail I order them most of the time! They are really good eating. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.