RyanH Posted June 22, 2006 Report Share Posted June 22, 2006 I think this is pretty dumb for me to ask! But do you guys put arrow wraps and all that junk on your practice arrows so they will be the SAME as your hunting arrows? Im fixin to dress up all 36 of my 5575 XT gold tips! I just wondering cause its gonna cost alot to do these arrows! LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted June 22, 2006 Author Report Share Posted June 22, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! Actually I prolly dont do all 36 arrows, but I was just wondering! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VTbowman Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! Yes I do. I will not shoot all 12 or how ever many there are but I have them all the same as best as I can. I will shoot 3-6 arrow for practice and put the rest away. I will determine the best 3 or 4 and put broad heads on those for the hunting season once it hits... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! [ QUOTE ] Yes I do. I will not shoot all 12 or how ever many there are but I have them all the same as best as I can. I will shoot 3-6 arrow for practice and put the rest away. I will determine the best 3 or 4 and put broad heads on those for the hunting season once it hits... [/ QUOTE ] Same here... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GWSmith Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! There is No difference between any of my arrows. Practice with what your going to be Hunting with. If it's Hunting Practice make the Practice as real as Hunting(including equipement)!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted June 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! Like I said I knew the answer before I even posted it! LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tedicast Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! I have 6 practice arrows that stupidly started out wrapped. One by one they needed to be refletched, and I never rewrapped them. I definately won't be wasting wraps on practice arrows anymore! I learned the hard way. At $16/doz for EZ Crests they are for my hunting arrows only. I shot my wrapped and unwrapped side by side untill all the wrapped arrows were gone with no difference in P.O.I. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Yes I do. I will not shoot all 12 or how ever many there are but I have them all the same as best as I can. I will shoot 3-6 arrow for practice and put the rest away. I will determine the best 3 or 4 and put broad heads on those for the hunting season once it hits... [/ QUOTE ] Same here... [/ QUOTE ] Me too I've never shot an arrow at a deer that I haven't shot in target practice first. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! Dont use any wraps, but the only difference in my hunting arrows and practice arrow is the vane color and the blades on the muzzys' of my practice arrows have the practice blades instead of the sharp blades. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Yes I do. I will not shoot all 12 or how ever many there are but I have them all the same as best as I can. I will shoot 3-6 arrow for practice and put the rest away. I will determine the best 3 or 4 and put broad heads on those for the hunting season once it hits... [/ QUOTE ] Same here... [/ QUOTE ] Double ditto! I find out which arrows are the best and save them for actual hunting, the rest get wrapped and re-fletched just the same. Then when it time to either repair or replace I can just strip the wrap with the fletchings off. The last dozen I bought are all hunting arrows! I used the G5 A.S.D. on them and every broadhead spun true! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest ILclimber Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! Here's my theory, the only people who are gonna see your wraps, are you. The only reason I would put arrow wraps on my arrows would be the reflective one's for recovery only. Otherwise, you're putting all that money on your arrows and what happens if the arrow breaks? Then your out the cost of the wrap! But they do look good on these posts! Shoot straight! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimPic Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! I dip,crest and put alot of time and effort into all of my arrows.I can grab any arrow and practice with it as well as hunt with it-one is just as good as the other.I enjoy making them so if I break some--no big deal--I'll just make some more and put in the time doing it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest woodsnwater Posted June 23, 2006 Report Share Posted June 23, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! I always practice with what I am going to hunt with. For me ,being familiar with the equipment & shooting the same way each time makes everything else automatic without thinking about it. But what is comfortable for you is what is right. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cutter Posted June 24, 2006 Report Share Posted June 24, 2006 Re: Hunting and Practice Arrows! I like to practice with the same equipment that Im going to hunt with. If you dont know what you equipment is doing how can you be confident or accurate with it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.