update...


snapper

Recommended Posts

Thanks for all the wishes and prayers...but they went unanswered! The test came back positive for Downs. frown.gif

Its hard to get through all the "whys?" but we will and do everything we can to make Gages life easier.

I personally am having a hard time keeping faith right now...I'm upset and angry at God! I hope this feeling goes away...just don't know!

Thanks again for the wishes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

This MUST be a very difficult time for you. No-one can really say, "I know how you feel." However, I will say that no prayer goes unanswered. Sometimes the answer just isn't the way we wanted or expected. Most of the time, it's hard to see past our current circumstances or situation but God does have a plan and he will never give you more that you can handle.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Stay encouraged brother!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

Gregg I've seen and have taught a number of kids with Downs, and of course it's not what you want for your child, but the programs they have now for those kids is pretty good. We have a boy in our school now, Vince who is an absolute sweety and a riot. I wish you could see his sense of humor. We take him for walks around the school and his favorite game is to run and hide from us.

I understand the "why" questions and questioning God too. Been there, still am there to some degree. It takes a lot of soul searching that my wife and I are still going through, probably always will to some degree.

Give me a holler if you want to talk it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

Snapper,

I am with Tominator. While no one ever wishes that on their child, it isn't the end of the world. Downs children are some of the sweetest, loving, and most gifted children in the world. There are great programs and resources out there for them.

As for God, I would heap it on the devil instead. All sickness and disease were brough about by him and his ilk. Cling to God and he will get you through.

Prayers coming your way.

New

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

Snapper,

I don't know what tests you had done....it sounded like just a blood test from your earlier post. Not trying to give you false hope of a wrong diagnosis, but the blood test is only an indicator of probability. Amnio is the only specific way....did you have an amnio.

Here is an article I read:

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/downs.asp

When my wife was pregnant, they found some supposed antibody that would cause my wife's body to reject the child. We were torn up all weekend until we found out that it was a false positive or that it wasn't necessarily that specific antibody. Sometimes the doctors scare you for no reason.

Keep the faith, miracles do happen.

New

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

[ QUOTE ]

Snapper,

I am with Tominator. While no one ever wishes that on their child, it isn't the end of the world. Downs children are some of the sweetest, loving, and most gifted children in the world. There are great programs and resources out there for them.

As for God, I would heap it on the devil instead. All sickness and disease were brough about by him and his ilk. Cling to God and he will get you through.

Prayers coming your way.

New

[/ QUOTE ]

This about says it all from me to

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: update...

Your family is still in my family's prayers Gregg. Hard to question the whys but god will be with you through all of this, main thing is being there for Gage and I know you and your wife will be.

God has given your family a challenge and I am sure you will be able to overcome it and live a great life with Gage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.