Swamphunter Posted October 18, 2006 Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Take a look at these two pics..the first is a doe and I am trying to judge her age. Either way, she is my target for this evening. Then take a look at the second photo. It looks like the buttons have maybe broke through the skin? Seems weird, but that looks like bone to me..not just buttons. I have never seen one like that before. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted October 18, 2006 Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Not sure how many years, but that's a mature doe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted October 18, 2006 Author Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Drooping belly and look at her brisket. Shes a keeper for sure. Decent doe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
doughboy1956 Posted October 18, 2006 Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Nics pic, and lets us know if you bag her Swampy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted October 18, 2006 Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Decent doe there Ken. Would guess probably a 3.5 year old doe for this area. That fawn has the starts of spikes. Have seen some here similar several times in the past, pretty sure I have some pics of some like that somewhere, probably not uploaded though. Early born bucks from this year might get spikes, and that looks to be a this years fawn. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted October 18, 2006 Report Share Posted October 18, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted The second picture looks like a lot of the little spike bucks I've seen around here. Good luck!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Leadbuck Posted October 19, 2006 Report Share Posted October 19, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted That cuddeback takes some very nice pictures. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buckslayer Posted October 19, 2006 Report Share Posted October 19, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Ken, I shot a button buck just like him only bigger a few years back. See a couple like that killed each year in PA... Nice doe, I'd take her! Hope ya get her Swampy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted October 19, 2006 Report Share Posted October 19, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted That is definatley a nice doe and would be a great one to take. Not sure on the little buck though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hoosierhunter Posted October 23, 2006 Report Share Posted October 23, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted let the little guy walk but stick that doe...backstraps for dinner!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted October 23, 2006 Author Report Share Posted October 23, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted [ QUOTE ] let the little guy walk but stick that doe...backstraps for dinner!!!! [/ QUOTE ] I have no intentions of taking the button. I let him walk once already. Like I said, I was curious as to why his buttons were bone and not covered with fur. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted October 24, 2006 Report Share Posted October 24, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Yep, that's an old doe I think Ken. The other one I think is probably a late drop fawn from last year, and he's actually 1.5 year old. I've seen 1 or 2 like that in the past. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Texan_Til_I_Die Posted October 24, 2006 Report Share Posted October 24, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted That doe is just about old enough to vote. I'm thinking 6 or 7, maybe older. You just don't see does displaying their age like bucks do. It's really hard for me to field judge the age of a doe if they're between 2 and 6 years old. They all look almost identical around these parts. I shot one last year that I thought might be 3, darn thing almost didn't have any teeth left. Figure she was at least 7 or 8. I was totally fooled. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Born2Hunt Posted October 25, 2006 Report Share Posted October 25, 2006 Re: Your opinions wanted Very hard to age a doe. I shot one this year that I thought was young but it turned out she was 5.5 yrs old and weighed 111#. She had no sway back or pot belly. The buck is comon for our early born buck fawns for around here. We see them like that all over our property. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.