unioncountyslayer Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Don't go packin' if you go to Costco. http://keepandbeararms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=13332 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
popgun Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I may be in the minority, but I also have a Concealed Carry Permit, and I think Costco was within their rights and Bruce Kraft was out of line. One of the stipulations of the Concealed Carry Permit is that the weapon must stay concealed. When he removed his flannel shirt and exposed the handgun to the public eye, he broke that stipulation in the law. To carry a concealed weapon is one thing, but to flaunt it or intimidate the public either purposely or inadvertently, by exposing it in public, is quite different. I think he was simply trying to push the envelope and see how far he could go. If it was too warm in the store for him to wear his flannel shirt, he should have removed the weapon and left it locked in his vehicle. I think Costco acted politely, and their letter stated the corporate opinion. I personally think the manager of Costco acted correctly in this matter. There are responsibilities to carrying the handgun, even with a permit, and one of those responsibilities is to keep the handgun concealed. ….popgun Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitrrophybowhunter Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns [ QUOTE ] I may be in the minority, but I also have a Concealed Carry Permit, and I think Costco was within their rights and Bruce Kraft was out of line. One of the stipulations of the Concealed Carry Permit is that the weapon must stay concealed. When he removed his flannel shirt and exposed the handgun to the public eye, he broke that stipulation in the law. To carry a concealed weapon is one thing, but to flaunt it or intimidate the public either purposely or inadvertently, by exposing it in public, is quite different. I think he was simply trying to push the envelope and see how far he could go. If it was too warm in the store for him to wear his flannel shirt, he should have removed the weapon and left it locked in his vehicle. I think Costco acted politely, and their letter stated the corporate opinion. I personally think the manager of Costco acted correctly in this matter. There are responsibilities to carrying the handgun, even with a permit, and one of those responsibilities is to keep the handgun concealed. ….popgun [/ QUOTE ] I completely agree with you. It is a "Concealed" weapon permit. This would have never happened if it would have stayed concealed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Dust Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I know this for fact. A carry conceal weapon does not grant you the right to take it everywhere, even when concealed. He was wrong and needs to get over it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Exturkinator Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I'm afraid this is the sort of thing that does more harm than good for "gun rights" and it's just more fodder for the liberals... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted October 20, 2006 Report Share Posted October 20, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I have a concealed weapons permit and I have had my piece with me on several occasions when I was bondsman. Never did I show it and I was never questioned because they never knew that I had it on me! Someone with that permit should be very careful as to how they act and what they do with a weapon! I agree with Popgun and this guy was wrong all the way! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
unioncountyslayer Posted October 21, 2006 Author Report Share Posted October 21, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I don't think the argument was over a conceal permit guys, just the right to bear arms. As long as the establishment doesn't have a sign forbidding it, you should be able to pack, and I do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
horst Posted October 22, 2006 Report Share Posted October 22, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns I read the story, and the letter Costco sent to him.I gotta say I cant see where Costco did anything wrong and it seems like they handled the incident professionaly and respectfully.Even the letter was very polite and included the fact they were a private club, not a public place.They returned his money, offered to refund his dues, Im not sure what more the guy wants, nobody made him walk around the store with his gun hanging out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Squirrelhunter91 Posted October 22, 2006 Report Share Posted October 22, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns [ QUOTE ] I know this for fact. A carry conceal weapon does not grant you the right to take it everywhere, even when concealed. He was wrong and needs to get over it. [/ QUOTE ] Dust, I'm pretty sure you can carry it anywhere in the state it was issued. Just not in a courthouse, post office or school. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJ Posted October 22, 2006 Report Share Posted October 22, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns [ QUOTE ] Dust, I'm pretty sure you can carry it anywhere in the state it was issued. Just not in a courthouse, post office or school. [/ QUOTE ] Better review the laws againSquirrelhunter. You can not carry it on private property where the owner forbids it (Costco, many other stores and malls, etc). Or a place that serves alcoholic beverages. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Squirrelhunter91 Posted October 22, 2006 Report Share Posted October 22, 2006 Re: Costco Bans Guns AJ, that makes sense too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.