Grass and leaves


huntinsonovagun

Recommended Posts

I'm probably going to do a European mount on the big 8 pointer I killed this year and was wondering if there is anything special I should do for grass and leaves I put on the base. Actually, I was going to order some preserved leaves from Matuska Taxidermy, but so far haven't found any grass I want to use on my habitat base. Is it ok just to get some stalks of grass and use it? Will it continue to stand on it's own?

Also, I'm going to do a dirt base. From what I've researched, I just use watered-down Elmer's glue mixed with dirt (or peat moss) correct?? Any other hints.

I was going to get everything together, make my dirt, then just stick the grasses/twigs in the habitat. Good idea or no? Thanks for suggestions!!

Oh yeah....one last thing.....I'm thinking about using a wood cookie (just a disk from a tree, with the bark still on the outer ring) but here's my question....how do I keep that bark from falling off?? Do I just let it dry and fall off and glue it back on or what?? Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.