jcs3344 Posted November 30, 2006 Report Share Posted November 30, 2006 me and my buddy have been talking about taping a bowhunt, anyone ever done this ? post tips and vids here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest mphockey09 Posted November 30, 2006 Report Share Posted November 30, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts A couple of my buddys and I have been filming eachother the past 2 years and have got a few doe kills on tape and a buck kill. It helps a lot if you are unsure on the shot placement, and sure is a lot of fun. We try to communicate as best as possible like if the guy filiming has the deer focused in before you shoot. We usually hang a stand about 6 feet above the hunters stand for the filmer and do an interview before and after the hunt. Good Luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest jason88 Posted December 3, 2006 Report Share Posted December 3, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts My brother in law and I have just recently got into it, it is a lot harder than it looks we have had some major communication issues twice while trying to get on the same deer we have spoked them, and once he shot a 135 in. 10 pointer and i never saw it and was filming a doe! but we are still going to do it, have never had the ups and downs this much with the amount of fun that it has been. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
njbowhunter27 Posted December 3, 2006 Report Share Posted December 3, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts the hardest part is deciding who is giving up the bow for the camera. My buddy and I always say were going to tape each other but neither of us want to give up the hunt time to tape. good luck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BowtechTurkeyHunter Posted December 3, 2006 Report Share Posted December 3, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts once you get the communication part down sounds like you are well on your way ... what kinda camera are you using? Steve Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted December 3, 2006 Report Share Posted December 3, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] what kinda camera are you using? [/ QUOTE ] That's my question, too. My camcorder is way noisy when it starts up, but I can't drop $1000 for another one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jcs3344 Posted December 4, 2006 Author Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] the hardest part is deciding who is giving up the bow for the camera. My buddy and I always say were going to tape each other but neither of us want to give up the hunt time to tape. good luck. [/ QUOTE ] haha, yea i think thats why we havnt done it yet, we were going to try and do it at the beginning of the year and take a doe, but i saw a huge 145-150 class 8 pointer the second weekend during bow season and sure wasn't going to give up on him just to put a camera in my hand... but theres always next year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts Have taped a few hunts here this year myself of both the youth hunt and some of my hunts. Unfortunately have not gotten any kills on tape yet, but have gotten some good footage of wildlife. If I had high speed, I would load some clips, but dial up it would take forever. I am using a sony handycam dcr-hc96 and the cam in my opinion takes great quality video. For a mount, I am using a mount I put together and it works well in our blinds. Did have to use some camo material to make a cover for the cam as the glare was visible. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts I offered to do this for a hunting buddy, he turned me down because the "camera would make me nervous." Mmmmmm-K.... BTW, the night I was going to film him, I went out and shot a doe with my Trykon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] I offered to do this for a hunting buddy, he turned me down because the "camera would make me nervous." Mmmmmm-K.... BTW, the night I was going to film him, I went out and shot a doe with my Trykon. [/ QUOTE ] Yeah, after you stole my stand site, and got into an argument with your wife about recharging the battery for the camera. Tell the truth now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] I offered to do this for a hunting buddy, he turned me down because the "camera would make me nervous." Mmmmmm-K.... BTW, the night I was going to film him, I went out and shot a doe with my Trykon. [/ QUOTE ] Yeah, after you stole my stand site, and got into an argument with your wife about recharging the battery for the camera. Tell the truth now. [/ QUOTE ] Do you really want to talk about "stand sites"? If I went where you recommended, I would have never seen the 14 deer I saw, and eventually shooting that nice big doe. On the other hand, if you would have actually went to the tree I told you to, you would have filled at least one of your tags this year. As for the battery issue, I do remember that now, but your comment was still the same, "It would make me too nervous..." AF. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] that nice big doe. [/ QUOTE ] A doe that fits on the tailgate is not anyone's idea of big. [ QUOTE ] but your comment was still the same, "It would make me too nervous..." [/ QUOTE ] I think you're thinking of your other close bud, Greg or Jason. DB Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ohiobucks Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] that nice big doe. [/ QUOTE ] A doe that fits on the tailgate is not anyone's idea of big. [/ QUOTE ] If I was to go out and shoot a yearling that fit into my hip pocket, it would still be bigger than any doe you shot in the past 3 years... [ QUOTE ] I think you're thinking of your other close bud, Greg or Jason. [/ QUOTE ] No, no. I know exactly who said that to me... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Janet_T Posted December 4, 2006 Report Share Posted December 4, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts My husband just did his first taping we took the neighbor girl(13) on her first hunt during youth season, she missed but it was awsome to show her and see that she was holding high on the tape which wasn't as obvious during the hunt. Good Luck!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Switchback29A1 Posted December 5, 2006 Report Share Posted December 5, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts We use a lot of climbers when we do it. Go up the same tree or put one above the stand. Gotten close, little communication trouble, and deer coming in after we packed up the camera. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rad_112176 Posted December 5, 2006 Report Share Posted December 5, 2006 Re: tapeing hunts Me and my brother have taped each other a few times. I am going to tell you though the camera is bad luck. Just kidding. It is for us though. We always see deer and shoot plenty of deer throughout the year but every time we get out the camera we seem to go cold. We had a friend try to tape my brother this year and he missed 2 does just a couple of minutes apart. It was nice to replay this for him time and time again to start off the season. Hope you have luck with it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.