JJL Posted February 3, 2007 Author Report Share Posted February 3, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG For those who need to know; Yesterday at lunch time, my neighbor an 80 yr. old gentleman, asked if he could borrow my truck to go to town. His car wouldn't start because of the cold. Now Momma didn't raise no fool, and while he's still pretty sharp, he's not driving my truck. So I offered to drive him to town. We made it to the Doctor, the Pharmacy and the Grocery Store. Have you ever seen what an 80 yr. old man puts in his cart???? When our family hits the "FoodKing" it usually totals up to $350-$400 easily. My neighbor wasn't going to get past $35. He's not poor by any means, he just lives on a fixed income and watches his pennies like a hawk. "This isn't going to work" I told him, "Time for a little OFF THE PORCH GROCERY SHOPPING" my treat...........Well the register stoped at $147.80 and the cash came from my pocket. When we got home my daughter came over and we helped a tearful old man put his groceries away. She thought it was odd that Spencer was crying and that he gave us big-hugs when we left. Some thing that doesn't normally happen. I'll explain it to her today.His son stopped by later and asked why I had done such a thing??????? I told him I couldn't think of anything better to do. SO..... I'm sorry that I didn't get any shooting done yesterday afternoon like I had promised..........I guess I found something better to do. This morning the wind is 30 mph and the temps are in the single digits.................Scope vs. 460 will have to wait for another day...........Momma didn't raise no Fool. God Bless You............Go BEARS. JJL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted February 3, 2007 Report Share Posted February 3, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG Wow. God bless you JJ. Sheesh, I don't know if I'll ever be able to make fun of you again. Good to know there's still folks out there like you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
texastrophies Posted February 3, 2007 Report Share Posted February 3, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG You know, some people are going to say excuses are like........, well you know, but what you did is far more important than destroying SCOPE, besides we all know what the outcome will be, OTPG will overpower the competition, or lack there of. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJ Posted February 3, 2007 Report Share Posted February 3, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG It's amazing what the OTPG has to do to prove their manlyhood. SCOPE members on the other hand are very secure individuals and have nothing to prove to anyone. Even when they make threats and try to put on a show, it does not work as promised. Tsk tsk tsk. Its too cold for my magnum. Maybe some cocoa will warm it up enough to work. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted February 3, 2007 Report Share Posted February 3, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG Your generosity even made me feel good this morning!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted February 4, 2007 Report Share Posted February 4, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG good move, jim... and charles said you didn't have any class... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ravin R10 man Posted February 4, 2007 Report Share Posted February 4, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG NOW THATS A CLASS ACT RIGHT THERE!!! jjl....you done good!! Now thats some good PR for the OTPG... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dartonman Posted February 4, 2007 Report Share Posted February 4, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG God Bless Jim..........al Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snapper Posted February 4, 2007 Report Share Posted February 4, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG Jim...I thought you said you didn't have a heart? God bless you man...you've done good! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
drkillemquick Posted February 6, 2007 Report Share Posted February 6, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG [ QUOTE ] It's amazing what the OTPG has to do to prove their manlyhood. SCOPE members on the other hand are very secure individuals and have nothing to prove to anyone. Even when they make threats and try to put on a show, it does not work as promised. Tsk tsk tsk. Its too cold for my magnum. Maybe some cocoa will warm it up enough to work. [/ QUOTE ]AMEN!!!!!!!!!! LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest IL_HuNtIn_KiD Posted February 11, 2007 Report Share Posted February 11, 2007 Re: SCOPE vs. OTPG did we ever do the test...i wanted to see what kinda damage that beast would do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.