buckee Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 It's that time of the year again, when us old and new archer want to get er done to get ready for next season. APPLYING ARROW WRAPS by need2hunt If I've missed something, and you have more to add feel free to bring it up, this is so people can learn and maybe get involved in another area of archery. Putting wraps on arrows is "EXTREMELY EASY". You'll need to wipe down your arrow shafts with soap and water, rubbing alcohol (and then dry them) so there's no dust or oil residue on the shaft. Other than your arrow shaft you'll just need a foam mousepad and your wraps... Take one of the wraps off the paper and lay it sticky side up an the mousepad... Take your arrow shaft and line it up parralel to the wrap, whatever distance from the nock you prefer (I have mine butting up to the nock) Now start rolling the shaft over the wrap, applying light downward pressure. Continue rolling, proceeding until the entire wrap is on the arrow shaft. Apply pressure with your finger along the wrap to work any air bubbles out and get good adhesion. And that's all there is to it!!! Here's a pic of the finished wrapped and fletched arrow. Like I said I'll post a how to on fletching once I can get some pics. Other informative links Vane Removel? http://www.realtree.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=706092&an=0&page=0#706092 What glue to use for Vanes? http://www.realtree.com/forums/showflat....;gonew=1#UNREAD Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PAstringking Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** great post!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest IL_HuNtIn_KiD Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** i agree...i may be useing this in a week or so Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
need2hunt Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** Oh sure Steve, don't use mine http://www.realtree.com/forums/showflat....true#Post750694 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted February 16, 2007 Author Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** [ QUOTE ] Oh sure Steve, don't use mine http://www.realtree.com/forums/showflat....true#Post750694 [/ QUOTE ] Sorry Gary, I changed it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** Great post! I gotta questions. I'm getting some wraps, custom done, deer skull and hoof prints on them that sprial around. If I want , let's say, the skull to be showing on one side of the arrow, just position my vanes and nock whatever way for it to work? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
need2hunt Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] Oh sure Steve, don't use mine http://www.realtree.com/forums/showflat....true#Post750694 [/ QUOTE ] Sorry Gary, I changed it [/ QUOTE ] LOL You didn't have to do that, I was just kidding around. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** Thanks, Buckee....looks easy enough and like the looks of that one! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nutz4bucks Posted February 16, 2007 Report Share Posted February 16, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** That's awesome lookin buckee and very easy from the pics Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted February 17, 2007 Report Share Posted February 17, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** [ QUOTE ] Great post! I gotta questions. I'm getting some wraps, custom done, deer skull and hoof prints on them that sprial around. If I want , let's say, the skull to be showing on one side of the arrow, just position my vanes and nock whatever way for it to work? [/ QUOTE ] Are you trying to place the skull between the vanes? This will depend where the nock is positioned. You might have to turn the nock on each arrow until you find the right spot. Cute tiger! LOL! Good post this has helped me when I started doing my own arrows! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bruteshooter Posted February 17, 2007 Report Share Posted February 17, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** Buckee I would have figured your mouse pad would at least have a deer or elk on it????!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Turkeygirl Posted February 17, 2007 Report Share Posted February 17, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** I think the skull will either be up at the nock end or down below the vanes. Yeah, I figure I may have to turn the nock to wear I want in, then fletch the vanes on. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted February 17, 2007 Author Report Share Posted February 17, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** [ QUOTE ] Buckee I would have figured your mouse pad would at least have a deer or elk on it????!!!! [/ QUOTE ] That's need2hunt's(Gary's) mouse-pad Mine has me and my daughter on it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted February 17, 2007 Report Share Posted February 17, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** Thanks for the post Steve. I was going to say nice mouse pad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted February 18, 2007 Report Share Posted February 18, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** This post should definatley be stickied. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest bruteshooter Posted February 19, 2007 Report Share Posted February 19, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** In the absence of a good mouse pad, I found the Cabela's catalog with the binding towards you as you roll away, works well too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest OklaBow712 Posted February 19, 2007 Report Share Posted February 19, 2007 Re: ** APPLYING ARROW WRAPS ** I purchased a grayling jig and quik spin vanes along with some flouresent green wraps and have had a blast building my own custom arrows....beats buying them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
need2hunt Posted June 16, 2007 Report Share Posted June 16, 2007 That time of year again, just bringing it back to the top. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest BRIAN HEITTER Posted June 16, 2007 Report Share Posted June 16, 2007 Great Post! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted August 4, 2007 Report Share Posted August 4, 2007 TTT Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest BusterBoy Posted September 26, 2008 Report Share Posted September 26, 2008 Are all wraps the size of the ones you are using in those pics ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted September 26, 2008 Report Share Posted September 26, 2008 Are all wraps the size of the ones you are using in those pics ? NOPE, you can custom order wraps to suite your personal preference .. I use Onestringer over on Archerytalk for all of my wrap needs ,, Scott and Mindy are hard to beat for service and quality .. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=449259 http://onestringer.com/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest BusterBoy Posted September 27, 2008 Report Share Posted September 27, 2008 NOPE, you can custom order wraps to suite your personal preference .. I use Onestringer over on Archerytalk for all of my wrap needs ,, Scott and Mindy are hard to beat for service and quality .. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=449259 http://onestringer.com/ Does one size fit all or do I need to know the diameter of my arrows when ordering ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted September 27, 2008 Report Share Posted September 27, 2008 Does one size fit all or do I need to know the diameter of my arrows when ordering ? If you are ordering a custom wrap, just include what arrow shaft you are using .. To answer your question, NO one size doesn't fit all ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.