JimT Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Anyone download music off from the net? I might start and was wonder what sites are best. Thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fisherguy Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music none, you wil destroy your computer with spyware and viruses. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music been there, done that!! it is soooooo not worth it Jim!! man, my computer got right screwed whenever i did that. there is somuch spyware and viruses on every one of them! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuntingInMaine Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music I purchase and download music from ITunes and have never had a problem with it. It has been great for me because a lot of times there are only a song or two I like on an album, so it is much cheaper to pay .99 a song instead of almost $20 for a whole cd that I won't listen to! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted December 22, 2004 Author Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music [ QUOTE ] .99 a song [/ QUOTE ] Wow...Thats alot isn't it? I did not think it would cost tha much. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LifeNRA Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music I always used WinMX for my tunes. But ever since the RIAA started going after people. I stopped! I have over 5000 tunes. Cable has been good to me, but most of them tunes came from CD's. Jim, drop me a PM! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music Some of the people caught downloading have been sued and paid out thousands. I'm not sure if they made it illegal or not. I'm not doing it. Alos agree with the virus/ spyware thing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RyanH Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music Hey man I sent you a PM! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
billygoat Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music Some of the downloading sites are legal, of course there are those that are not, like everyone has mentioned, high risk of viruses, but the legitimate sites are often well protected (ITUNES) as Linda mentioned is the one I have used on occasion but I try to avoid downloads in general. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Palssonater Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music Yup. Be aware of viruses...have a good scanner and be able to handle whatever comes your way. I have had some real bad viruses which took me up to a week to completely be rid of. Now that I am back on dial up, I don't download anymore. Takes almost an hour for one song! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted December 22, 2004 Author Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music I never thought about the virus thing...Maybe I should not do this after all...? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music used to when napster was semi-legal, but don't anymore. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] .99 a song [/ QUOTE ] Wow...Thats alot isn't it? I did not think it would cost tha much. [/ QUOTE ] You will pic up spyware and such.... If you're still insistent you can get Winmx or limewire. If I did that sort of thing, I would prefer Winmx because I probably would have ran Napster for a while and Win Mx is a basically Napster. On Winmx you can do a multiple download, meaning that the song could be coming from several different source computers. It really speeds up download time. Most songs can be downloaded in just a couple of minutes with a broadband connection. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest huntinsanobsession Posted December 22, 2004 Report Share Posted December 22, 2004 Re: Music have used kazaa napster winmx and some others but don't do that anymore bad for the comp with all the viruses and such out there Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.