Muff Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 Well I was able to upload some pics today...so here what I have been up to...not much yep laying around for the last 13 days...this is 2 days after I got the knee done. this little unit was a life saver....you fill it with ice and water...theres a motor inside it that pumps the ice water up into a cuff that goes around the leg....OH MY IT HELPED SO MUCH....if anyone out there has bad knees this thing is a must to have. and last this is the knee after 2 days....where you see the dried blood is where they cut out a ligament and replace your ACL with it. thats been my 2 weeks folks...lol...not very exciting eh? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 OUCH!!!!!!! Sure doesn't look like fun. Neat little contraption though with the ice. How long before you're back to normal? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Randy Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 Sheesh, now my knee hurts!! I'm glad you are feeling well enough to join us again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted April 30, 2007 Author Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 Andrea.....I am off work for 6 weeks but the Doc tells me I will be 6 months before the knee is back to normal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
toddyboman Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 OUCH!! No fun. Glad you are doing better. That machine sounds like a great idea and very helpful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeramie Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 Dude, I dont envy you! Heal up soon bud... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 just lay back and take all the pity the wife will give you cause you know when you are better --- it will be "honey do's" hope ya heal up well and soon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 whoa... 6 months? that's hunting season, isn't it. great timing.... lol. hope your pain is under control. get better Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
arrow32 Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Well take care muff. Heal up soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Hope it heals up quick for you. That sure does look painful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Dang...that doesn't look like fun Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nick Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Been there, done that. When I had my surgery, they put a little tube in my leg about 6" above the knee, and the tube went to this little ball in a fanny pack. The ball was filled with medicine that constantly dripped in your knee and kept it numb for about 3 days after surgery. That saved me until I got an infection. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newarcher Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 You sissy, get up and mow the yard! I hauled a kid to the doctor less than 20 hours after having my rotator cuff repaired......now that's manly! How is it now? Are you up and about? By the way, them some purdy slippers you got on there, ma'am! I just couldn't help it. I hope all is doing well and that you get to 100+%! New Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
QDMAworks4me Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 It is to bad that it was not when it was cold and blowing and not when the warm temps and sun is out. Good luck and feel better, see you in about 5 weeks!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shaun_300 Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Ouch! Too bad golf season just started eh! Hope you're able to golf in June at the get-together! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted May 1, 2007 Author Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 well guy to tell you the truth I got out to play 9 holes tonight....wife kicked me out of the house....said "get out and do something".....not really but she wanted me to get moving so my brother and buddy were going golfing so I rented a cart and took it nice and easy...did not play very well...shot a 50 for 9 holes...but hey I guess it will come. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newarcher Posted May 2, 2007 Report Share Posted May 2, 2007 well guy to tell you the truth I got out to play 9 holes tonight....wife kicked me out of the house....said "get out and do something".....not really but she wanted me to get moving so my brother and buddy were going golfing so I rented a cart and took it nice and easy...did not play very well...shot a 50 for 9 holes...but hey I guess it will come. Well, you were playing golf and I was sitting here working in a cubicle....life isn't too bad for you. Glad to see you getting around, take it easy though....golf has a lot of compound movements. Smashing a club to the ground could also result in schrapnel! New Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Muff Posted May 2, 2007 Author Report Share Posted May 2, 2007 Well New after that shot about my slippers I am glad you were working and I was playing...LOL I took it real easy so I would not hurt myself.....the better it gets to feelin the better my game should be....lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.